From-This-Moment-Shania-Twain.jpg

http://www.shaniatwain.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shania_Twain

Discography:

1993: Shania Twain
1995: The Woman in Me
1997: Come On Over
2002: Up!

Picked up another Shania album yesterday so she's fresh on my mind today...

I realize that this artist would be on the complete opposite end of the music spectrum for the majority of posters here, but Shania was one of the first country artists to transcend into the pop genre and that alone makes her worthy of mention in my opinion.

Shania faced a number of obstacles including the loss of her parents in a tragic accident and the cold shoulder from Nashville as she tried to break through as a respectable artist as a Canadian (not the usual status quo for that scene at the time) to infidelity on the part of her husband all to emerge as one of the best-selling country artists of all time and a breakthrough to the pop music genre with her Come on Over album in 1997.

I am a bona fide 90’s kid and daughter of a country music junkie, so Shania was naturally an integral part of my childhood musical memories and has one of the best catalogs with a variety of songs to choose from that makes her appeal to a wide variety of music fans.

I will start with her second album as her first isn't really a favorite of mine:

The Woman in Me (1995)
51cCzX-yIoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Any Man of Mine (easily one of, if not THE, most popular and recognizable Shania songs)

The Woman in Me

No One Needs to Know

God Bless the Child

As you know there are plenty of other good Shania songs as well as her best album yet to come. Hopefully this thread will at least get one reply. :tongue:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Shania Twain

I'm a fan myself, even though I only own two of her albums...perhaps I will add more as Jen goes along in her thread.:D

v5bg39.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Not much more to go LG... she only has four. :heheh:

0_61_shania_twain_320.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to mention: she's completely gorgeous! :bow:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Yeah, so weird. she's sold a bazillion albums and only has 4 studio releases.

0_61_shania_twain_320.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to mention: she's completely gorgeous! :bow:

I've said it for years ... she's possibly the most beautiful woman to have ever walked the face of the earth.

Shania-Twain-Headshot.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Yeah, so weird. she's sold a bazillion albums and only has 4 studio releases.

A fact that you can attribute to her crossover that I mentioned earlier. Her third album broke barriers and opened her music up to a larger audience outside of the country realm. I remember that being a huge deal back when it happened. This song was the breakthrough song for her and I'm pretty sure it charted on country and pop charts alike:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It does seem like she's done more than four albums...but you are right.

From what I understand after being betrayed by Mutt Lange and going through her divorce she didn't do anything for about 8 years musically, and before that she was committed to raising her children so that partly explains the lack of albums.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Fixed the video for you for God Bless The Child. The embed code wasn't working for it.

As for the artist, i've never listened to her, but i'll pick up her albums considering there is a lot of positive feedback about her.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

From what I understand after being betrayed by Mutt Lange and going through her divorce she didn't do anything for about 8 years musically, and before that she was committed to raising her children so that partly explains the lack of albums.
Actually, the Mutt Lange cheating scandal didn't happen until about 5+ yrs after the Up! (2002) album came out. Their son was born sometime in 2001, and I know that after Up came out, she didn't tour quite as extensively as she had on the previous album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'll take your word for it, I don't follow any celeb very much when it comes to their private lives, unless it involves a spectacular act of stupidity.

I do know she was living in Switzerland when she was married to Mutt.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online