Madonna (Official Thread)

tkitna

Reaction score
I dig 'Like A Virgin' and 'Material Girl' because of Tony Thompson's awesome drumming mostly. I like a bunch more of her stuff, but dearly love 'Beautiful Stranger'. I thought she knocked that one out of the ball park.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
well well well... ^_^
Did someone listen to "Rebel Heart" from the forthcoming new album?
The song has been leaked yesterday... and I have to say that I've liked it.
The song is simple, but really effective. I like this simplification of her style, that seems less "let's dance" and more "let's sing a good tune" ^_^

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Strictly from a writing and i[FONT=&quot]nterpretation[/FONT] angle, "Like Virgin" is a killer tune, and was rightfully the monster hit that it was.

I was a big fan of the debut album. (I learned of it thru a friend who was working at a local record store)

She kind of lost me with all the super-stardom hype, along with the NWOBHM "sweeping the nation". :tongue:

As a consenting adult, though, she won me back with the "Ray Of Light" album. A masterpiece!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Not only does Madonna's mega-fame derive from the music,but also from her choice of fashions.This,combined with her many classic '80's tunes,made her a major cultural icon,perhaps one of the most celebrated of the 20th century,at least in the fields of music and fashion...................

Aero

Reaction score
Looking back on her work...Borderline is still my favorite tune. It's catchy but without the 80s glitz of Material Girl, which I can no longer stand to hear. And funny enough, it's never played on the radio, at least where I live.

I stopped listening after Papa Don't Preach. I think that was her last great hit.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
^^ Totally agree, "Borderline" is my favorite tune of hers. I also really like "This Used To Be My Playground" and her version of "Santa Baby".

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
And let us not forget the many charitable contributions she has given the world.At first impression,I thought she came across as a bit shallow to me.I wound up discovering that she was merely pandering to a pop audience by seeming this way.She actually has a very beautiful soul.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Soot and Stars said:
Madonna is a very polarizing icon! She's been loved and hated but rarely ever a lukewarm reaction is to be had with her.
I reckon you are right!

I have 2 of her albums

1) Record: First album
2) Cassette: Third album (True blue)

I had the record of true blue also but I really didnt like the sound as it was SR2 and I would LOVE finding a reg copy of the record!! (NOT SR2) I finally found a reg cassette copy!! (All I could find of that for awhile were SR copies)

I think her first album is the best but I like the 3rd also........

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I reckon you are right!

I have 2 of her albums

1) Record: First album
2) Cassette: Third album (True blue)

I had the record of true blue also but I really didnt like the sound as it was SR2 and I would LOVE finding a reg copy of the record!! (NOT SR2) I finally found a reg cassette copy!! (All I could find of that for awhile were SR copies)

I think her first album is the best but I like the 3rd also........

Did you ever care for her "Ray of Light" album in the late 90's? That's where she peaked for me. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online