Limewire shuts down permanently

Reaction score
You said released as only vinyl. I don't think walkmans accept vinyl formatting.

FM radio could always go back to being good..:heheh:

I agree with LG about ipods, all ipods are good for is convenience, the difference is, that I listen to them.. They are very convenient..

For my opinion on LG's vinyl theory.. it's good in theory, but is impossible and can't happen.. The music industry needs to catch up with the the times.. they can't do the same thing they did from 1950-1995, the world around them isn't the same..

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
ipods can sound great with good headphones and high quality files.
Plus, it's hard to lug a turntable around at work. The ability to carry
over 15,000 songs is something worth using.

Reaction score
ipods can sound great with good headphones and high quality files.
Plus, it's hard to lug a turntable around at work. The ability to carry
over 15,000 songs is something worth using.

true, but usually when I need the portability of an ipod, I don't want to risk breaking or losing my good headphones, and for me, I don't even need it to sound that great.. I have 2-30 gig'ers full, each have like 5 movies, then 3000ish songs, and I mostly just use them to run, cut the grass and I have an ihome thing that is my alarm clock, I'd much rather wake up to a rockin' tune than a bunch of beeps:heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I agree with LG on the hearing issue. I also agree that I-pods are not a good thing for me. I'm all teched out at my home. Except for downloading and I-pods...I don't need to lug aruond 1500 songs....am I gonna hear them all??

:heheh:

I'll take something warm to drink...a blanket...put a CD on and listen to the album from front to back.

You know...the way they were made.

:grinthumb

Reaction score
I agree with LG on the hearing issue. I also agree that I-pods are not a good thing for me. I'm all teched out at my home. Except for downloading and I-pods...I don't need to lug aruond 1500 songs....am I gonna hear them all??

I'll take something warm to drink...a blanket...put a CD on and listen to the album from front to back.

Think of an ipod as your own personal satellite radio.. You choose the song that plays, there are no commercials, hell, you can even be your own DJ and talk about the music:heheh: It's how FM should be(to an extent), if you want, you can even play the full albums.. Will it ever be my main source of music? NO! Is it convenient while I have to be up and around doing something? yeah, sure.. They're not going to go away, might as well take advantage of it:grinthumb

Then when I can sit down, I put the album on anyways...

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score

I have 3000+ songs on my iPod and I listen to almost all of them on a weekly basis. So much so that I need to DL more stuff and switch certain bands every month or so. And I'm not exagerating. I have at least 1 earphone in my ear at all times. Even when I'm sleeping. I'm just waiting till we have TB iPods. :)

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Anyone use IMesh? I guess it's legal now. I know you can download songs there to listen to them, transfer to your IPod and burn cds. I think you get a 14 day free trial then you have to purchase a subscription.

Last edited:

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Anyone use IMesh? I guess it's legal now. I know you can download songs there to listen to them, transfer to your IPod and burn cds. I think you get a 14 day free trial then you have to purchase a subscription.

Pay for free music? Whats the fun in that?

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Money for Nothing. Seriously. People are paying out money, for actually nothing. An mp3 isn't anything. Its not worth 1.29 at least. Its a complete rip off. I'd have paid about 5000 dollars for all the songs I CURRENTLY have on my iPod. Then picture all the songs I deleted because I got sick of them. I am NOT going to pay for nothing just because Gene Simmons thinks I'm richer than him, somehow.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online