Limewire shuts down permanently

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Torrents, File Tube and hosting sites, it would be impossible to control all the traffic on the internet, whether it involved copywrite protected media or not.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I have considered going back to file sharing software from time to time but there doesn't seem to be anything worth using that won't give you a bunch of spyware and viruses. I used Shareaza back in the day until that went under as well. :/

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Oh there are plenty of good quality sites out there Lady, many of them have gone private for obvious reasons and many others are in countries that will Never enforce any of the laws the US wants them to.

I better say again for the record, I buy music and have supported my favorite artists for decades, and I have DL'd as well. If it's a band I really like I will order their best albums, if it's an OOP collectors edition from a company that is out of business, then I have no qualms taking them from other music fans, who's only crime is keeping the best quality music alive for all of us.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There are Tons of audiophiles Lady who have "Ripped" their vinyl treasures and offered them to anyone who is part of the sites they visit. They take a great deal of pride in their work as well, so you can get the equivalent of a vinyl album in digital format, I know I have quite a few in my collection. Of course you don't have the beautiful covers or the handling of the record itself which I know you love as much as the music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's a fraternity of music lovers, who for various reasons want to keep "Classic" versions of music that is no longer being printed available to fans everywhere. I look at that as one of the best things about the internet and I have returned the favor myself.

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
^(ladyislingering) Mhm. If I'd have payed for all of the songs on my iPod, I would be in poverty by now. My addiction to music is firmly attached to torrents. Its an every day thing. I need new music all the time. I think I need help. Or a band.

Either way, its never going to be stopped completely. I think that's just great.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
The unstoppable force of cheap asses. :D

(Where do you go?)

Most of the music I actually buy, I buy on vinyl.
It is my current catastrophe that now that I have a little spending money, I can't actually buy some of the singles I like for cheap (seriously, I'm not going to pay over 10 dollars for a single..).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.