Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door (1979)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Re: In Through The Out Door - Led-Zeppelin

I so remember the day I bought this album and slapped it on! Being raised on all the previous Zepp LP's I was trying my best to get into it..
I started to like "In The Evening" first, then moved onto "I'm Gonna Crawl" since that was to me the good old Led Zeppelin vibe. "All My Love" has been more of a favorite these days.. I used it in a show back in 94.. But the rest is under played and not so heart felt..
JPJ is a great Bassist and I know times were tough for Bonzo and Page getting things together.. I guess sometimes when it comes to the kind of rock I enjoy... I don't might a boozed up wacked out religiously epical musician.
It is a fact that for years, the greats like Socrates and Plato and other famous writers used mind expansion drugs to enhance their minds and the way they seen things..
Hey Slip... Page admitted in a Guitar mag interview that his use of chemicals had an effect on his creativity. ITTOD was a release that it took awhile for fans to embrace since it was so different being loaded with keyboards and piano. It didn't have that primal kick that was to be expected from the band.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I like this album probably more than most (including Carouselambra!), although it is still my least fave of their previous 7 albums. My sister had the LP back when I was 12 and I played the crap out of it. Sadly, when I started recollecting vinyl a year and a half ago, I passed on it for $5 and I havent seen it since (what the heck, Zep sold like 100 million albums worldwide and I never see any Zep LP's out there!! Maybe because people don't sell 'em or donate 'em). Every time I see a thread about ITTOD I get a little bummed out for that obvious lack of judgement on my part.

Khor1255

Reaction score
The onlt Zeppelin album I don't love a single track. At least Presence had Achillies last Stand and Nobody's Fault but Mine (which almost makes up for the yawn fest that is the rest of the album. In Through the Out Door just didn't do anything for me. I love the drumming and even some of the song iddeas but it just doesn't rock like other Zeppelin albums. I shudder to think that this is the direction they may have been heaading in.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember when this one came out, Zeppelin fans were disappointed. I don't have it rated with there best work, but I still play it once in a while.

Another feather in your cap George...:grinthumb

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Didn't like this when I was younger. It really has grew on me lately. Really enjoy listening to it now more than ever. Really enjoy listening to the album as a whole album

some jerk

Banned
Reaction score
carouselambra is a great song that never gets played on the radio cause it's so long. i'm sick of all of my love, which gets played constantly. some of the other songs kinda suck too. overall zep's weakest studio album but still good

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online