Leaves' Eyes (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
That is a fine cover to A-HAs "The sun always shines on T.V" .Livs vocals are excellent as always. Iam agreeing with Sharp Dressed man in saying ATROCITY were a bit hit and miss. To me the best song they did was a track "Love is dead " :bow: it was brilliant .I have a cd of them somewhere and it unfortunately doesnt get past average.
LEAVES EYES are class and Liv is gorgeous !! :flirt :grinthumb
Livs track "Love decay" features the vocalist from END OF GREEN another band I have lots of time for and got their albums. What a duet !

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Liv is on several of their albums: "Werk 80", "Gemini", "Atlantis" and "Werk 80 II" and I think she did some backing vocals on "Okkult".

"Werk 80" and "Werk 80 II" are cover albums, where the band covers some popular 80s hits. The track you posted is from "Werk 80 II".

As I said above, I think all the albums mentioned above are enjoyable, although the two covers albums are albums I haven’t listened to much since I bought them. My favourite Atrocity albums are "Atlantis", "Okkult" and "After The Storm" which is an atypical Atrocity album, kind of folk/new age with Alexander's sister Yasmin on vocals.

The Wikipedia entry on Atrocity didn't indicate Liv appeared on that many albums, but it's a fairly sparse entry.

I kept thinking The Sun Always Shines.... sounded like an 80's new wave song. I probably saw the a-ha video once or twice, but I think I might be reminded of another band and another song.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The Wikipedia entry on Atrocity didn't indicate Liv appeared on that many albums, but it's a fairly sparse entry.

You can't always trust Wikipedia, my friend. Besides, I think Wiki does mention more albums in the Liv Kristine entry, but either way, I can testisfy that she appears on those albums, as I own all of them. I can't remember to what extent though.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Liv's new album is excellent. Quite possible my favourite of her solo albums, which says quite a lot. I've said it already, I'm a fan of everything Liv does, including her last three "pop" solo albums, but she's gone in a gothic rock/metal direction on the new one, which I think fits her much better.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Thought I'd post the new video here too.

Leaves' Eyes-Waking Eye

Young Harald is played by Leon, the son of Liv & Alexander. Pretty cool being able to put your kid in a video, and an epic video at that.

Harald's father, Halvdanr Svarte (Halvdan The Black), was a ninth-century king of Vestfold, Norway. He belonged to the House of Yngling (son of Odin' line).

Harald Hårfagre (Harald Fairhair) is remembered by medieval historians as the first king of Norway. So Harald has a similar place in history as William the Conqueror as a man who united a country.

Some of my ancestors were feudal kings of Northumbria until William defeated them, so I find these eras of history very fascinating.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
King of Kings is a great album. Loved it and the bonus songs.
Edge of Steel is my favourite and had Simone Simons on it.

Swords in Rock was also great.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
King Of Kings has been playing for a couple weeks straight in the Jeep, back & forth to work.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Some SERIOUSLY shocking news:

LEAVES' EYES Parts Ways With Singer LIV KRISTINE, Announces Replacement

LEAVES' EYES has parted ways with Norwegian singer Liv Kristine and has replaced her with Elina Siirala, a Finnish vocalist who lives in London, England.

Said LEAVES' EYES in a statement: "Liv was the female voice of the band since the beginning in 2003. Together we toured through fifty countries and five continents. Moreover, we recorded six studio albums with outstanding singer Liv. We are full of pride in what we have reached together!

"From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank Liv for amazing thirteen years of being our front lady, the work we have done together and all the passion for music that we shared all these years! We wish Liv all the best for the future, her solo career and other projects!

"Liv will always be an important part of the LEAVES' EYES history but now we are looking forward to a new chapter and the new musical adventures of LEAVES' EYES!

"We embrace Elina with open arms and hearts! She is a fantastic singer and performer. Please, welcome the new female voice of LEAVES' EYES: sensational Elina Siirala!"

Liv Kristine stated: "I am highly proud of having been founding member and front lady of LEAVES' EYES, which has played a vital role in my life since 2003.

"Good luck, guys. Thank you for the amazing music, outstanding moments with our worldwide audiences, moreover, the passion we all share."

Liv added in a post on her personal Facebook page: "It's with sadness I see the latest news reaching you. That this chapter in my life would have to end so soon was not my intention. Life must go on. For all of us."

Kristine's husband is ATROCITY singer and LEAVES' EYES co-vocalist Alexander Krull, who produced all the LEAVES' EYES albums at his Mastersound Studio in Germany.

Said Elina: "I can't quite express how grateful and honored I am for being asked to join LEAVES' EYES, one of the most iconic bands in symphonic metal!

"I have the utmost respect for Liv and the band and what they've achieved over the years! I take on this challenge with a huge excitement and look forward to the new chapter in my career. It's truly thrilling to be working with such talented musicians who also are some of the nicest people I've met.

"My biggest passion is to make music and perform, so right now I can’t wait to see what the future will bring!"
Geez, this makes me wonder about Liv and Alex. Are they getting divorced, is it just a business decision or maybe a health issue? Hopefully we'll get some answers soon!

As for the new singer, here's a clip from her first perfomance with the band:

12993466_10154181975478901_8861995488695717489_n.jpg

I can't claim that I knew her beforehand, but she sounds OK and she certainly looks the part, but still, Leaves' Eyes isn't Leaves' Eyes without Liv.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
A lot of rumors floating around, like Alex was unfaithful. If true, lots worse than how Tarja was treated.

Facebook is about 90% against this move in a very vocal way.

We'll have to stay tuned, but if she was fired, I think I'll be giving them a pass from now on, despite Elina having an incredible voice.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online