Leaves' Eyes (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The video is decent. If you put Liv in the woods, it can't really go wrong, haha! As for the song, I find the chorus a bit too Nightwish, which is not bad, but also not really something I want from Leaves' Eyes. It doesn't lower my expectations for the album though. Singles are rarely the highlight of metal albums and none of their previous albums have disappointed me. Only a few more days til it's being released here and I am seeing the live on Thursday. As a fan of the band since the beginning and Liv from her Theatre of Tragedy days, that's a dream come true. :bow:

I thought the same thing, Sharp, when I listened to the video....very Nightwish-like. MP turned me on to Leaves' Eyes a long time ago and I am a fan, especially of their first 3 albums.

Of course I am a fan of Nightwish, too :tup:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm with ya on the first 3 albums. So far, those are my faves as well. "Meredead" was slightly weaker than those 3, but still a good solid album. As for Nightwish, I really liked their first album (in particular "Lappi" was great) and I acknowledge the quality of the following albums, but I wouldn't say I am a fan.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I love Tarja....I am a huge fan of Nightwish all the way up to Dark Passion Play with Century Child being my favorite.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new album is absolutely phenomenal. I love this LP start to finish. I really don't understand the criticism over the production it sounds really good.
Maid of Lorraine

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The new album is absolutely phenomenal. I love this LP start to finish. I really don't understand the criticism over the production it sounds really good.

Absolutely agree that the album is phenomenal and don't get me wrong, I am not saying the production is bad! It's just not as good as it could be either. The guitars have sort of a "can" sound (can't find a better word for it) that most Krull productions have.

Btw, As I wrote earlier in this thread, I saw them live a couple of weeks back and the songs sounded AMAZING live!

I ordered the new CD and I am sooo looking forward to it coming in

:bow:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Do the singles/EP's come out before or after the albums?

I don't see one listed so far.

I should have my copy of the new album in a day or two.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online