Leaves' Eyes (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I'll keep hoping. It's one of those cases where the EP is really worth buying.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Well, I've had several listens thru the album. A great album, but with no stand-out tracks outside of (maybe) Hell To The Heavens.

I can listen to the entire thing, and will continue to do so, it's exactly what I've come to expect from this band.

There's no tracks I want to repeat and repeat like with Njord & Meredead and their respective EP's.

But, let me reiterate, still a great album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not too many stand-outs on it but only because the entire album is great start to finish.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, and stand-out tracks don't always make for a better album.

Lots of albums I love a few tracks from and then never listen to the rest.

Then others I get stuck on certain tracks and kinda forget how great the rest are (Silverthorn & Perils Of The Deep Blue are a couple recent ones).

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Not too many stand-outs on it but only because the entire album is great start to finish.

Right!

Couldn't agree more, and stand-out tracks don't always make for a better album.

Right again!

Don't know about you guys, but as as I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of everything Liv's done, including her solo albums. She has a new one coming out soon. No details yet, except that it's called "Vervain" and will be released in October.

10537063_859787047367410_8602480916812084244_n.jpg

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Like Atrocity's The Sun Always Shines On TV, this has a definite 80's feel. Another winner!

Everything Liv does is great. I really have to get hold of her solo albums, plus Atrocity and anything else she's done.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Everything Liv does is great. I really have to get hold of her solo albums, plus Atrocity and anything else she's done.

All her solo albums are excellent, but some of the Atrocity stuff is atrocious (no pun intended). But as far as I remember, all the albums with Liv range from good and upwards. I haven't listened to them for ages, except for "Okkult" which came out last year.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I'm going to make a point of checking out more Atrocity to see if I like it all or not. Liv was on (maybe) one of their albums.

This is the aforementioned song.

Atrocity-The Sun Always Shines On TV

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Liv was on (maybe) one of their albums.

Liv is on several of their albums: "Werk 80", "Gemini", "Atlantis" and "Werk 80 II" and I think she did some backing vocals on "Okkult".

"Werk 80" and "Werk 80 II" are cover albums, where the band covers some popular 80s hits. The track you posted is from "Werk 80 II".

As I said above, I think all the albums mentioned above are enjoyable, although the two covers albums are albums I haven’t listened to much since I bought them. My favourite Atrocity albums are "Atlantis", "Okkult" and "After The Storm" which is an atypical Atrocity album, kind of folk/new age with Alexander's sister Yasmin on vocals.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online