Lana Del Rey

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Lana Del Rey "Piloting The Time Machine"

I love this album. Didn't really pay that much attention to the hype and stuff. But I gave her a chance. And, in my opinion, it's the best album of the yeear, followed very closely by The Shins' Port Of Morrow. Lana del Rey has been seriously hyped and now criminally underrated and underappreciated. She deserves more.

I actually liked the album even more than I thought I would! After worrying that it would lose the charm of the slower retro laced tracks with the poppier hip-hop tainted tracks I ended up loving those tracks! Tracks like "Off To The Races" are infectious as hell! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I love this album. Didn't really pay that much attention to the hype and stuff. But I gave her a chance. And, in my opinion, it's the best album of the yeear, followed very closely by The Shins' Port Of Morrow. Lana del Rey has been seriously hyped and now criminally underrated and underappreciated. She deserves more.

Really? Really? She is so overblown that I don't think the word "under" should be anywhere near her. That's almost like saying Adele is underrated.

As for her albums goes, I listened to it a couple times online and I really struggled to get through it. I thought all of the songs were really repetitive and monotoned. It just bored me in the same kind of way that Amy Winehouse's "Frank" did only without the cheeky lyrics.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

^^^^ She certainly isn't underrated here. Her cd's are flying out of the music stores and her photo is seen in most of the music mags. I have to admit though, she and her music are not my cup of tea :uh:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Is she really still getting all the hype she was getting before? I really don't keep up with the media these days. She performed on Idol a few weeks back and I skipped through it on my DVR. I like her, but the album kinda sucked and each time I heard it, I grew to hate it even more (how does that even happen?). She really spends way too much time trying to imitate other artists and I find her to be a bit confusing. I typical don't use this word but she is very much overrated in every sense of the word. I won't be pulling Born to Die out again for a good while. That being said there are a couple of her songs I really do like (mostly the ones Soots suggested to us) but I can see why she received all the criticism she gets. She comes off as a bit of a phony. :D

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score

^ Yeah she is... shes alright though.. Don't see where all this hype came from really lol

Sunny

Reaction score

My sister and friends were at Splendour In The Grass up the coast (music festival) and they reported that Lana mumbled and giggled her way all through her gig. Not impressive.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

My sister and friends were at Splendour In The Grass up the coast (music festival) and they reported that Lana mumbled and giggled her way all through her gig. Not impressive.

She's probably getting liquored up at this point! :heheh:

Sunny

Reaction score

Probably but the tickets for Splendour In The Grass ain't cheap. The likes of The Smashing Pumpkins put on a brilliant show. Lana was a dud and the crowd let her know she was :tongue:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Probably but the tickets for Splendour In The Grass ain't cheap. The likes of The Smashing Pumpkins put on a brilliant show. Lana was a dud and the crowd let her know she was :tongue:

I'll accept her as a studio artist! I've seen her stuff live on youtube and it was fine but she wouldn't be the first one to fall off the wagon and derail during their potential careers! LOL

Redneck

punk
Reaction score

I didn't know she has sang so many songs

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom