Lana Del Rey

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I keep hearing this song on the Radio just about every day - sometimes they play it twice.

It's not a bad song, though with Language Warnings on the cover of their albums, it's not really something I want to be listening to regularly. For a while there I thought the "Summertime Sadness" was the Jezebels.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm not really into pop music, although I do enjoy 80s pop (mainly a nostalgic thing) and I do make some rare exceptions. I heard Lana on the radio, before even knowing who she was and I was blown away by her. I bought "Born to Die" and enjoyed it through and through. I even rebought the album with the extra "Paradise" EP, which is also excellent.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm not really into pop music, although I do enjoy 80s pop (mainly a nostalgic thing) and I do make some rare exceptions. I heard Lana on the radio, before even knowing who she was and I was blown away by her. I bought "Born to Die" and enjoyed it through and through. I even rebought the album with the extra "Paradise" EP, which is also excellent.

I also rebought the album! :heheh: I normally hate marketing tricks like that but the new music was good so I couldn't complain too much. Even though part of Lanas thing is a gimmick it's one that works great combining something classic and classy with something modern and current. I'm glad the trolling over her one less than stellar SNL performance is over with at this point. As far as I've heard Lana may be done with music in the short term with the latest film/album Project she has.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Something I just found out today at work was somebody had taken that "Summertime Sadness" song and remixed it and it's that remix which has been played a lot over the radio airwaves. The version I posted of the song was done a few years ago?

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I also rebought the album! :heheh: I normally hate marketing tricks like that but the new music was good so I couldn't complain too much.

As you said, the new music is so good, I do not regret rebuying the album, but generally I also hate marketing tricks like that. I love buying reissues of old albums with bucket loads of extras and remastered sound (although the sound thing can also ruin an album), but rebuying a recent release is something I have done less than you can count on one hand. I do sometimes buy an album on CD and vinyl though, particularly from bands I consider myself a collector of.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Out in a couple of weeks... :bow:

0602537880492.jpg

Tracklist:
1) Cruel World
2) Ultraviolence
3) Shades of Cool
4) Brooklyn Baby
5) West Coast
6) Sad Girl
7) Pretty When You Cry
8) Money Power Glory
9) ****ed My Way Up to the Top
10) Old Money
11) The Other Woman
12) Black Beauty (bonus track)
13) Guns and Roses (bonus track)
14) Florida Kilos (bonus track)

Here's "Shades of Cool"

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I have her first album and I don't say this often, but it's feckin' awful.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
^^ I must say, I am also looking forward to this release!
hyper_zpsb11a86e9.gif

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I really like the new Lana Del Rey! She just gets better musically as her vocals more haunting than ever here! She's always one sexy little vixen! I should have the album in the mail real soon! Looking forward to it!

Shades of Cool

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online