KISS to play Michael Jackson tribute concert

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Slash will definitely be there one way or another, wouldn't surprise me if they asked EVH either.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm pretty sure I've never even heard that name before today. *shrug*

I stopped following boybands after n'sync broke up. I'll never recover from that one. :uh:

:heheh:

ANF

Reaction score
The boyband thing always surprises me... are little girls really THAT gullible? You could get four 75 year old 4'2 Danny DeVito lookalikes and call them a boyband and yet little girls will throw panties at them and argue over which one they're going to marry. Case in point, Justin Bieber. You can pick any kid on the street, post in Tiger Beat (or whatever the hell they read now) that they're "cute" and suddenly they're a heartthrob.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm pretty sure I've never even heard that name before today. *shrug*

I stopped following boybands after n'sync broke up. I'll never recover from that one. :uh:

You're better off than me Lynch

new_kids320.jpg

ANF

Reaction score
^^^ gotta remember something, the BEATLES were the biggest boy band in history.

I never considered them, or even Duran Duran for that matter boybands because they were actual musicians and wrote their own material. To me, boybands are those groups like NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc... that were put together by some mastermind to make money off little girls, and the guys don't write songs or play instruments and are just there to look pretty and sell merchandise to little girls before they get old enough to ditch them because they're having real boyfriends. Right now it's Bieber, before that Jonas Brothers, before that someone else, someone else, etc... And most of the time, they can get the most unimpressive homeliest looking guys (I remember one of the BSB looked like a troll doll) but pump the right money and hype behind them and girls will believe they're the best looking guy they've ever seen.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
the vast majority of pop music in the 60's would fall under that umbrella of "didn't write their own music". Hell, Elvis didn't write most of his own music, couldn't play a guitar out of a wet paper bag (was mostly just a prop), but he was still incredible in front of an audience and on vinyl.

I'm not defending boy bands, but to rule them out based on whether or not they wrote their own music or played their own instruments seems a bit naive.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online