KISS to play Michael Jackson tribute concert

ANF

Reaction score
You're looking at the new bargain artists and ignoring the new lifers, while emphasizing the old lifers over the old bargain artists. 98 Degree may not have endured, but look at Britney Spears and Beyonce. I sure as heck know late-20-somethings who still bump that music just like anyone bumps McCartney.

Rest assured that 00s and 10s music, just like every generation in the history of music, will have throwaway artists and pantheon artists whom people your age will continue heralding as the "true, good pop" until the day they die. That's how it works, it's simply inevitable.

And I know plenty of 45 year olds who are still crushing on Paul McCartney.

Well the post I was replying to was trying to say that The Beatles were exactly the same for their era that Backstreet and N'Sync were for theirs and that I'm naive for thinking there's a difference, and that's where I had to respectfully disagree. Yes, The Beatles were marketed to young girls, but they also weren't put together by a mastermind svengali who just wanted to make millions (like NKOTB, N'Sync and BSB were) and were just treated as a cash cow to appeal to a select demographic of young girls before they reach the age they have actual boyfriends. To compare The Beatles or Beach Boys in the 60's-- actual bands who formed and made their own music that just happened to be marketable to girls to the N'Sync/Backstreet/New Kids/98 Degrees/Westlife/JLS style boybands put together for a quick buck with no real shelf life intended is an insult to the legends. I think a better comparison for The Beatles would be how I know women who would throw themselves at Kings Of Leon and The Killers, but they certainly aren't boybands and they don't make teen pop music.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online