KISS to play Michael Jackson tribute concert

ANF

Reaction score
I grew up with MJ's music, he was literally the biggest star on the planet pretty much throughout my childhood. His music became crap when his personal life became a shambles but Off The Wall and Thriller are two of my all-time favorite albums. I don't know for a fact if he was a **** or if he was really just so messed in the head that he identified with children more than people his own age group (considering the psychological damage his father put him through as a kid) but that's another argument. Regardless, I don't see why Gene would appear at a concert for an artist he accused of **********, and better yet, why would the people running the concert invite an artist who said it?

I'm surprised Gene hasn't appeared on Hannah Montana or ICarly yet, considering he'll do literally anything that will throw $$$ his way. I'm actually surprised he didn't actively petition to become an Idol judge before they got Tyler because while Tyler can be pretty shameless, he's practically a punk rocker at heart in terms of ethics compared to $immon$.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I don't know for a fact if he was a **** or if he was really just so messed in the head that he identified with children more than people his own age group (considering the psychological damage his father put him through as a kid) but that's another argument.

That's pretty much my thinking as well as I've never seen any real evidence. I suppose if someone had went after him with anything other than dollar signs in their heads, I might think different

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
This is a thread about a planned(Botched) Tribute for MJ, not about his past misdeeds. We have covered that subject in depth more than once.

Let's move on and talk about the event, or perhaps lack of one if they don't get the proper permission from the estate.

ANF

Reaction score
I can kinda see why KISS might perform at a MJ tribute... Have YOU ever seen MJ and Paul Stanley in the same place together? LOL

0107_stanley_jackson_2-1.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can kinda see why KISS might perform at a MJ tribute... Have YOU ever seen MJ and Paul Stanley in the same place together? LOL

0107_stanley_jackson_2-1.jpg

I never thought of that before ANF, you are right there is a resemblance.(Both of them look kind of creepy in that picture.:D)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Aside from Kiss, NONE of it sounds like my thing. Strange that Kiss would even get involved. The whole thing seems kind of odd. *shrug*

ANF

Reaction score
I love Kiss, like Smokey (well his stuff with the Miracles) and think Cee-Lo is pretty cool, but no interest in the show total.

These type of lineups that they get for MJ tributes usually show why I became a bigger Prince fan as I grew older. MJ has always had the Britney's, Usher's, Justin Timberlake's, Chris Brown's and the sort paying homage to him, whereas you see more musicians both urban and rock pay homage to Prince. MJ's always been about the pop stars and Hollywood entertainers, Prince has always been about the musicians and artists.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online