Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CNN.com

KISS joins Michael Jackson tribute line-up
By Alan Duke, CNN
August 15, 2011 12:28 p.m. EDT
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and JLS are also signed
Two generations of the Jackson family will take the stage in the Cardiff, Wales, show
"Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert" is set for October 8

Los Angeles (CNN) -- The legendary rock band KISS signed up to pay tribute to Michael Jackson in an October concert that will also headline Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and JLS, the promoters told CNN Monday.

Other major artists may be announced soon to round out the roster of acts for "Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert" in Cardiff, Wales, according to promoter Global Live Events.

Katherine Jackson, matriarch of the musical family, appeared on CNN Monday to discuss the show, which will also includes performances by her children and grandchildren.

It appeared unlikely the October 8 concert would be the scene for a Jackson 5 reunion, since two of the brothers, Jermaine and Randy, have publicly objected to the show being held at the same time Michael Jackson's doctor is on trial for his death.

"We want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," the two brothers said in a joint statement after their mother and four siblings endorsed the show.

"While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death," Jermaine and Randy Jackson said.

Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial begins in September and is expected to continue through October.

Members of the Jackson family taking the stage October 8 include several of Michael Jackson's brothers, "the next generation of Jacksons," and 3T, which consists of Tito Jackson's three sons, the promoters said.

Alternative rock band Alien Ant Farm and British R&B singer Craig David are also on the bill.

"This concert will unite various generations and musical genres, reminding everyone of just how amazing a talent Michael was," Global Live Events executive Paul Ring said.

Fans can "register their interest for tickets" online at Michael Forever Tribute Concert through Thursday, the promoter said. A lottery will determine which fans will be invited to purchase tickets, it said.

The concert in the Wales Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, which seats 75,000 people, would be at least four hours long, Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt said.

A spokesman for Michael Jackson's estate said last month that the promoters never sought or obtained permission from the estate's executors to use the late pop singer's name or image.

"The estate has not been contacted and is not involved with Global Live Events in the UK tribute concert announced today," spokesman Jim Bates told CNN at the time.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:think: And they are doing this without permission from the executors of the MJ estate and against the wishes of two of his most outspoken brothers.

Dunno if this concert would interest me or not...the line-up listed so far for performers isn't all that exciting.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll pass, I wouldn't be interested if MJ was performing either.

This also reads like amateur hour, getting things backwards, you get the legal stuff taken care of then you organize the rest.:nw:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
:think: And they are doing this without permission from the executors of the MJ estate and against the wishes of two of his most outspoken brothers.

Dunno if this concert would interest me or not...the line-up listed so far for performers isn't all that exciting.

I agree with Magic on this one.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
He's been dead for two years.

Why is taking so long for a major tribute show?

Any moral artist wouldn't want his name associated with Jackson. When is KISS going to do a tribute to Osama Bin Laden? **** You Gene...This may be the last straw for me regarding KISS. Gene's greed turned me off to the band for many years--this is just too much.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Easy there tiger...:heheh:...it's probably nothing to fuss about seein' they haven't even got Legal clearance to do the tribute concert.

ANF

Reaction score
I'm more surprised Gene would do it since he badmouthed MJ after he died and called him a freak. But then, Gene will go anywhere $$$$$ beckons.

Last edited:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
^^ Interesting. I did not know that. So WTF is Simmons thinking with this tribute garbage? What a sick ****ing hypocrite.

"Simmons goes on to say that he knew some of the musicians Jackson toured with, and cites one who quit after seeing "boys coming out of the hotel rooms...Well, you know, where there's smoke there's fire. There's no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt."

"The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men."

Kiss' Gene Simmons calls Michael Jackson an 'abuser' | MusicRadar.com

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online