KISS (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: The Official KISS Thread!

Right after, the solo albums they recorded 'Dynasty' which led to the famous Tom Snyder interview where Peter & Ace were blitzed & Peter was gone shortly afterward

I remember that video. It's also on one of the Kissology DVD sets (first one I think, but not positive). Ace was really having fun but you can tell he's pretty jazzed up. If you get a chance to see it (I'm sure it's on youtube), check out Gene. You can tell he's totally pissed off about it. He's trying to do a semi serious interview and Ace was ruining it for him.

:D

Speaking of Kissology, I've been watching Kissology Vol 3 tonight. Watched the Revenge Tour stop in Detroit (the one that was used for Kiss Alive III), which was pretty cool. Am in the middle of the Kiss Unplugged segment right now. Man would have LOVED to be at that show.

:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

To answer the question about whether or not the "solo" albums are actually solo albums or if they are Kiss albums, they ARE in fact Kiss albums. They bear the Kiss logo and they are all wearing their trademarked warpaint on the covers. While the albums' musicians consisted of non-kiss members, they still are released under the Kiss name.

Speaking of the solo albums, Ace's is by far the best. the other three have high points and low points, but Ace's (in my honest opinion) is a hell of an album, start to finish.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I remember when they came out. I was 13 I think? I about blew my top with 4 albums at one time sitting in the new releases racks. :heheh:

I didn't get them all the first day but wanted to :wa:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

I remember that video. It's also on one of the Kissology DVD sets (first one I think, but not positive). Ace was really having fun but you can tell he's pretty jazzed up. If you get a chance to see it (I'm sure it's on youtube), check out Gene. You can tell he's totally pissed off about it. He's trying to do a semi serious interview and Ace was ruining it for him.

:D

Did you see the VH1 Classics preview show for Kissology? It was Gene and Paul basicallt talking about the different clips and showing them. When they talk about the Snyder clip, Paul is laughing about how Ace "stole the show", but you can tell Gene is still pissed about it.:heheh:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

To answer the question about whether or not the "solo" albums are actually solo albums or if they are Kiss albums, they ARE in fact Kiss albums. They bear the Kiss logo and they are all wearing their trademarked warpaint on the covers. While the albums' musicians consisted of non-kiss members, they still are released under the Kiss name.

Speaking of the solo albums, Ace's is by far the best. the other three have high points and low points, but Ace's (in my honest opinion) is a hell of an album, start to finish.

It's the only one I went out and bought on cd, :grinthumb though I still have all four on vinyl.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

They have alot to say in the KISSOLOGY DVD commentary also.

Ace was wasted but Paul is right. He did steal the show..Snyder appeared to really enjoy talking to him.

Nothing tops Tom Snyder asking Ace if he was a Spaceman and Ace's reply was, "No actually I'm a plumber" :heheh:

There will be some clips of that coming soon when we reach 1979 here.

:cheers:

taha

Reaction score

Tho I like this song, what's a PLASTER CASTER ??

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Good question Taha, I have no idea...:dunno:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online