KISS (Official Thread)

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Strutter was one of my favorites.. Last night I watched a doc. about The Rainbow Bar on sunset strip and Gene amongst others were talking about how the two bars Whiskey and Rainbow made it through all the changes from the 70's up till the present. They all said one thing.. Rock will never die.. It was just murdered..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They all said one thing.. Rock will never die.. It was just murdered..
i don’t believe that for even a minute! There is a lot of rock music thriving out there, you just have to search until you find something you like……..But this is King Gene we’re talking about and TBH, his music wasn’t the best, either.
KISS=party band.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
i don’t believe that for even a minute! There is a lot of rock music thriving out there, you just have to search until you find something you like……..But this is King Gene we’re talking about and TBH, his music wasn’t the best, either.
KISS=party band.
Well.. True.. Gene seems to say what is familiar to those who share his opinion. I thought it was funny because obviously there was no footage of KISS playing in either club. Had to wonder if they are strickly an arena band and no need for small club venues..
Either way.. he also said.. Name one band that was after the 80's that will still be popular and didn't fade out in 5 years..

I also thought he covered pretty accurate how much the Digital age helped bands become more in your face.. The old adage of musicians changed with the help of a whole lot of electronic help.. Sure there was always a evolution of helpful gadgets to achieve a bigger sound. But look at just how it affected the moods of the crowds!! Party bands ran wild..Ha!!
:think:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well.. True.. Gene seems to say what is familiar to those who share his opinion. I thought it was funny because obviously there was no footage of KISS playing in either club. Had to wonder if they are strickly an arena band and no need for small club venues..
Either way.. he also said.. Name one band that was after the 80's that will still be popular and didn't fade out in 5 years..

I also thought he covered pretty accurate how much the Digital age helped bands become more in your face.. The old adage of musicians changed with the help of a whole lot of electronic help.. Sure there was always an evolution of helpful gadgets to achieve a bigger sound. But look at just how it affected the moods of the crowds!! Party bands ran wild..Ha!!
:think:
i loved most of the 80’s bands. Big sound, big production, and big hair!

Bon Jovi didn’t crash & burn after 5 years…neither did Gun N Roses, Sting, U2, Whitesnake, Metallica, even AC/DC has had a big longevity.
Gene likes to stir up a shit storm….lol

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
i loved most of the 80’s bands. Big sound, big production, and big hair!

Bon Jovi didn’t crash & burn after 5 years…neither did Gun N Roses, Sting, U2, Whitesnake, Metallica, even AC/DC has had a big longevity.
Gene likes to stir up a shit storm….lol
Slash was a major spokes person in the doc. I thought the same thing about Bon Jovi not mentioned, But they sure talked about Lemmy being a regular there. They even dedicated a statue to him on the premises.. Well anyway's.. Gene is Gene.. LOL.. The can of worms is open..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Slash was a major spokes person in the doc. I thought the same thing about Bon Jovi not mentioned, But they sure talked about Lemmy being a regular there. They even dedicated a statue to him on the premises.. Well anyway's.. Gene is Gene.. LOL.. The can of worms is open..
I like Slash. He seems like a down to earth type guy.
i have seen a lot of online pictures of Lemmy as a frequent flyer at the Rainbow. I have seen that statue online, it’s pretty cool…made him look like a hard ass Kentucky Colonel :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online