KISS (Official Thread)

Spankymadoo

Reaction score
Re: The Official KISS Thread!

Wow LG, I didn't even get the Bobblehead Dolls yet!!! I always like to sneak some Kiss stuff on display in our Living room when my wife's not around & then a few weeks later she notices & takes them down. It's an ongoing game for me.

Yeah, if you enjoy Rock & Roll Over you'll also enjoy Love Gun. Make sure you check out Strange Ways on Hotter Than Hell (It's one of my Fav Kiss songs)

Another Heavy Kiss album I like is Carnival of Souls. Spanky Madoo & myself were just discussing that album & Revenge.

Buck you gotta get the bobbleheads!! They are cool as hell. I put mine on top of the closet we have in the bedroom. Everytime we go in the closet, they all stand there and nod their approval of our chosen attire for the day.:grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

Buck you gotta get the bobbleheads!! They are cool as hell. I put mine on top of the closet we have in the bedroom. Everytime we go in the closet, they all stand there and nod their approval of our chosen attire for the day.:grinthumb

I'm sure I will get them soon & Deb will love it. I'm probably going to order her the Kiss chapstick I see at the Kiss warehouse!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I'm sure I will get them soon & Deb will love it. I'm probably going to order her the Kiss chapstick I see at the Kiss warehouse!
You should get her the Kiss G-string! When she says "wtf is this", you can say "Honey, I got it for you!"... :flirt

.. as she gives you that raised eyebrow "yeah, suuuuure you got it for ME" eyebrow.gif

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I would not be surprised if there is a KISS G-String with a little tag "Designed, Tested and Approved by Gene Simmons"...on it somewhere.:oyea:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great cuts there LG...I agree with bucky, check out Strange Ways...studio versions of Parasite and Watchin' You as well. The best thing about them is that every album sounds different. Hell I remember my first time with KISS was at a very young age and my brother was into them. (worked one of their shows too....see flyer below)

Kiss_Rush%20Handbill.png

My OLDER brother's collection was all Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Emerson Lake and Palmer...but he also bought KISS, Aerosmith, Angel, RUSH and New York Dolls when it was all brand new at the time....coming form a very eclectic guy like him that was very cool looking back on it.

But what I saw and heard was a band that made me a bit nervous....sitting in his room late night with strawberry incense burning...glaring at the inside photos of the ALIVE booklet...there isn't a better time or memory for me.

KISS was a creative band, rough around the edges and all about the art like many other greats from the 60's and 70's (The Who, Sabbath ect.)

Gene today? Well I wish he was more about the rock the way he used to be and not be such a motormouth but I don't let any of that ruin it for me. It looks to be as if Paul has been crackin' the Gene whip a bit more these days (much like he had to do back during Revenge) and is winning. :heheh:

rtbuck

Reaction score

You should get her the Kiss G-string! When she says "wtf is this", you can say "Honey, I got it for you!"... :flirt

.. as she gives you that raised eyebrow "yeah, suuuuure you got it for ME" eyebrow.gif

:heheh:

LOL!!!:oyea:

& LG I could see that being on a tag!!! :oyea:

rtbuck

Reaction score

Man MP, That must've been wild...Kiss & Rush!!!!!

Sitting around looking at that Alive booklet brings back memories. 'Alive' was my second Kiss album (R& R Over was first). Before Kiss all I'd ever buy were 45's (Music really meant very little to me) & all that mattered to me was Hockey...& then Kiss just changed everything. I remember walking into a little corner store one day in 1977 & seeing Paul Stanley on the cover of 'ROCK' magazine & I wanted to buy it but felt weird because the only music magazines I had ever seen were my one sister's & they were 'Tiger Beat'. I remember asking my sister if it would be weird if I bought this Rock magazine & she told me to go for it. I bought that magazine & it had color photos of Gene spitting blood & spewing fire (this wasn't some teeny bopper magazine it was cool as hell!!). At that point Kiss was more than just band that played this heavy hard music which had won me over. Soon I was buying every music magazine with Kiss in it & spent many days cranking up Kiss albums & reading magazines

Spankymadoo

Reaction score

But what I saw and heard was a band that made me a bit nervous....sitting in his room late night with strawberry incense burning...glaring at the inside photos of the ALIVE booklet...there isn't a better time or memory for me.

You nailed it MP. That's what made KISS "special". You had no idea what they really looked like and they had a dark, almost evil persona to them. They were almost scary, especially when you saw Simmons spitting blood and breathing fire. Who does that stuff? It made parents hate them and kids love them. What an awesome time it was to be a KISS fan.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Missed all that growing up...there was never a big deal about made about them in the small town I grew up in. Parents there were more concerned with Black Sabbath than KISS generally speaking.

The only magazine I ever bought was Rolling Stone, and only a few copies over the years. I spent my money(there wasn't a lot of it) on albums exclusively.

I wonder if Gene had the final word on this issue of...well they look like urns to me.

2eanztf.jpg

:lmao:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online