Kamelot (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I haven't got Silverthorn either but I haven't closed the door on Kamelot just yet.

If I get it, it will be the vinyl edition which doesn't cost much more than the CD.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Somehow the fact that Khan is out now has put me off getting the new one, despite all the great things that are being said about it (and the fact that Poetry For The Poisoned was actually a pretty poor album). I remember checking out a song on youtube a while ago (not bad at all) and thinking that while the new guy sounds good, he's still not Roy Khan good...

I'm still going to get the album though..

I recommend at least checking a song or two out on youtube if you are a bit put off by the fact Khan is out. :)
Didn't put me off, I think the vocals are just as good to me as what Khan's were.

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree..I need to give it a chance. The new guy did'nt sound too bad at all.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The vocals are actually on the same level of Khan for me every listen. I don't see how it could put someone off that much to be honest. It is a great release. For those that are at least listen to a song off it first.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I can hear the difference. Khan had a much more tortured feel to his vocals when he wanted.

Tommy has such a great vocal range when you listen to his Seventh Wonder stuff. They really seem to be shoe-horning him into sounding like Khan in Kamelot. Not necessarily a bad thing, too much of a change might turn people off.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I like Seventh Wonder and forgot that's Tommy's old band.:peek

I've only listened to Silverthorn once or twice so I can't really say where it ranks among Kamelot's discog...I was a massive Roy Khan fan though and am still sad he's gone.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
For me the absolute peak was Epica-The Black Halo-Ghost Opera. Everything else is only great compared to those three :D

I listened to Karma last week for the first time in a few years. Roy sounded so much younger in 2001.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For me the absolute peak was Epica-The Black Halo-Ghost Opera. Everything else is only great compared to those three :D

I listened to Karma last week for the first time in a few years. Roy sounded so much younger in 2001.

I can agree with that, those albums are excellent.

So what happened to Seventh Wonder? Have they got a new vocalist or are they kaput now?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online