John Lennon's Murderer Up For Parole August 9th.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not him!! wow.....sure favors him. See how misleading alot of the stuff you read and see can be :D

Drifter

Reaction score
It's not just you ...

I personally don't find it odd in any way if someone's loved one or husband thinks that they have talent and wants to help their spouse's or loved one's career along.

I don't blame Yoko for breaking up John's marriage to Cynthia. A marriage is between two people and only they can make or break it, an outside person does not cause a marriage to break up, it is the partner who wants someone else (or is unhappy for any reason) who breaks up the marriage and not the other man or woman.

John was running around on Cynthia long before Yoko entered the picture. There's no way he would have stayed with her. If it wasn't Yoko who snagged John for herself, some other girl would have. So the myth that Yoko was a homewrecker holds no weight. It takes TWO to tango and even the most ardent Yoko hater would admit that Lennon was no saint himself when it came to monogamy.

Lennon was an anti-conformist who resisted any kind of authority. That's a well-known fact. Do you honestly think someone with that kind of mindset would fall under the spell of Yoko had there not been chemistry and deep feelings towards each other? I seriously think that a lot of people (not just the ones on this board) still hold Yoko responsible for the Beatles breaking up and that's where the resentment comes from because in the long run, who cares and what business is it of yours who John Lennon chose to be with?

You can think Yoko was a kook and you can say she had no talent. You can even call her a nuisance for the way she intruded on John's life and his Beatles activities. That, I have no qualms with. But to portray her as some evil dragon lady whose sole purpose was to manipulate John and control his finances is so misguided.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
And, who wrote the book, you read?

At least I don't blindly and foolishly and automatically believe every gossip and hearsay book written (about anyone) by some clown who's out to make a buck off of idiots who will believe everything and anything they read.

And if you actually read what I said, ''all those ugly stories could be all true?!''

and ''anything is possible''

So, take it easy there, Tommy.

:)

Simple answer.

Because the aren't millions of Beatles fans, who blame Linda McCartney for the break up of The Beatles. There are millions of people who believe Yoko Ono was the sole reason for the break up. And that's why they hate her so much. Don't have to read a book to tell you that.

But there are many stories, of people's negative reactions/vibes to/from Yoko. Just a couple off the top of my scattered brain: Harrison didn't like her at first (and probably never did). He thought she gave "bad vibes." In John's later days, Harrison said there was a look of like dispare or desperation in John's eyes, like Yoko had control of his soul (i'm paraphrasing because I forget what I read exactly). Lifelong friends of Lennon said that John changed after Yoko, or if he were the same, it was only until Yoko was around, then John seemed to change. Then there's how she treated and still treats Julian. Yoko is shit.

I'm weird, but I'm not a fool. Yoko was, and is still, and ever shall be--garbage and evil. I'm not falling for her BS.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
John was running around on Cynthia long before Yoko entered the picture. There's no way he would have stayed with her. If it wasn't Yoko who snagged John for herself, some other girl would have. So the myth that Yoko was a homewrecker holds no weight. It takes TWO to tango and even the most ardent Yoko hater would admit that Lennon was no saint himself when it came to monogamy.

Lennon was an anti-conformist who resisted any kind of authority. That's a well-known fact. Do you honestly think someone with that kind of mindset would fall under the spell of Yoko had there not been chemistry and deep feelings towards each other? I seriously think that a lot of people (not just the ones on this board) still hold Yoko responsible for the Beatles breaking up and that's where the resentment comes from because in the long run, who cares and what business is it of yours who John Lennon chose to be with?

You can think Yoko was a kook and you can say she had no talent. You can even call her a nuisance for the way she intruded on John's life and his Beatles activities. That, I have no qualms with. But to portray her as some evil dragon lady whose sole purpose was to manipulate John and control his finances is so misguided.

:grinthumb

Is Chapman a part of this conversation still? He's the one in the hot seat here. :heheh:

:cheers2

Drifter

Reaction score
Right. I had forgotten about Chapman.

Keep the bastard in jail until he croaks and I'd say that about anybody who guns down someone in cold blood. Some people don't deserve to be members of our society.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Keep the bastard in jail until he croaks and I'd say that about anybody who guns down someone in cold blood. Some people don't deserve to be members of our society.

That's how I feel about all murderers. Yes, it costs big bucks to keep them BUT they are deprived of freedom for the rest of their natural lives. The death penalty ends their lousy lives too quickly. They should spend their lives locked away with all the other assholes of their ilk.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
But there are many stories, of people's negative reactions/vibes to/from Yoko. Just a couple off the top of my scattered brain: Harrison didn't like her at first (and probably never did). He thought she gave "bad vibes." In John's later days, Harrison said there was a look of like dispare or desperation in John's eyes, like Yoko had control of his soul (i'm paraphrasing because I forget what I read exactly). Lifelong friends of Lennon said that John changed after Yoko, or if he were the same, it was only until Yoko was around, then John seemed to change. Then there's how she treated and still treats Julian. Yoko is shit.

I'm weird, but I'm not a fool. Yoko was, and is still, and ever shall be--garbage and evil. I'm not falling for her BS.

I'm sure Paul, George and Ringo didn't like Yoko. The fact she brought a mattress in the studio, and set up camp to keep an eye of John is total nonsense. They said, they couldn't be apart is lunacy, beyond strange and it's unhealthy for any relationship. Lennon should of had the balls to tell her to go home. I agree, Yoko Ono changed Lennon - probably for the worst. But it's more Lennon's fault for letting it happen.

I often wonder what would of happen to The Beatles, and Lennon personally, if Lennon never met Yoko.

I'm with you, and millions of others....not too fond of Yoko Ono....but, don't hate her....

but to be honest....the more I think about Yoko, right now...the more I don't like her.

In my younger days, I hated Yoko with a passion....then my hatred mellowed a bit...but now, I'm starting to strongly dislike her again...

Like I said before, I was never a Yoko Ono fan....

And I'm sure she was a huge part of The Beatles breaking up...

and influenced or caused John to do many flakey things.....

But, I agree with Drifter, she wasn't the ''evil dragon lady''....but damn close.

:heheh:

ANYWAY.....that enough YOKO for me.

Back on topic....I hope Mark David Chapman's never free...let him rot in jail and let him live with the guilt of talking another man's life....that must be hell on earth, now from what I know, he's sorry for what he's done....but it's too late. The rest of it's between him and his Maker.

Like my ''mixed feelings'' for Yoko Ono, I also have mixed feeling for the death penalty - but I'm against it - for a couple of reasons, but to be honest, sometimes, I feel like they should fry some of these evil bastards.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well believe what you will about John and Yoko..

but heres John ..in his own words...they look in love to me ?
they don't look unhappy at least
???

He looks calm and I see YOKO haviing trouble getting a word in ?
Doesn't look controlled to me ???

PS FLOWER: I completely 100% agree with you re:marriage and cheating ! It takes TWO !

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
They do look happy and relaxed together. Yoko certainly seems to second everything John says .............. who knows what went on behind closed doors.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online