John Lennon's Murderer Up For Parole August 9th.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Julien doesn't hate his dad, but he sure paints a pretty bleak picture of his relationship growing up without his dad...

Thanks Magic, for posting that...

that was very enlightening...

Lennon was very cool at times, and other times he was a horse's ass...

Don't care what anyone says, I think Yoko didn't want John around Julian, because he was a gateway back to Cynthia ....but, in the end, it's all Lennon's fault. He could of done the right thing, and still been a loving father and provider for his son, especially with all the money he had.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Watch from about 5:45 onward. The first part is about Julian's music. I thought it was rather interesting that the album he had just made at this time, was dedicated to his STEP father, who had recently died. That was mentioned in the first half.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Thanks Magic, for posting that...

that was very enlightening...

Lennon was very cool at times, and other times he was a horse's ass...

Don't care what anyone says, I think Yoko didn't want John around Julian, because he was a gateway back to Cynthia ....but, in the end, it's all Lennon's fault. He could of done the right thing, and still been a loving father and provider for his son, especially with all the money he had.

I agree with you Groovy..Yoko was threatened by Julian . She as Julian states below in Tom's video,,is and complex person. I have read Cynthia's Autobio.' A Twist Of Lennon' years ago and it paints a picture pretty well

but As I stated before,and you say too..this was up to John to change..

John really had no clue how to be a father when Julian was born..he was too young and too famous {with the hiding of the marriage of Cynthia /birth of Julian}to do the right thing. He himself was tossed around from his imature mom and merchant marine father..involved in a bizzare abduction by his father Freddie,when he about 4-5 years old. Julia his mom, followed them Blackpool where John was forced by his parents to chose one parent over another . I can't think of a more cruel thing to do to a child ! At first he chose Freddie, but Julia weeped so hysterical that he switched to his mom ..she took him away and then Freddie never saw John again until he showed up at Cynthia's door looking for money ..when John was at the top of his fame..

and Julia took him back and dumped young John with her sister Mimi and her husband George

Both parents,,the people SUPPOSED to protect him and care about him..abandoned him.....this was parenting ?

what does he do ..the same damn thing to Julian..the guilt of this must have haunted him terribly..this one reason he felt odd around him imo and avoided him.

Yoko is no Betty Crocker homemaker and I feel this contributed to this already tense relationship ..and I do believe she used it...manipulated it ..
I never have been a fan of her methods ..I just think it's unfair to give her so much power over John's action...John was responisble for his own actions..and he could have changed it..maybe he might have..

In alot of divorced families, the old family gets the shaft by the new family...plenty of jealous parents treat the kids of their spouses prior marriages like *****...
Evil Step parents are part of our fairytales .aren't they ?
It happens...in Julian's case his dad was a famous person everyone put on a saintly level but he knew a different side. I bet John was afraid of this alot too.

One thing I always was repulsed by was, at one time Yoko was trying to sell the bloody glasses that John was wearing when he was shot..It is total disgusting..there no way I feel this is normal :nw:

Also I love Julian's attitude ..survival and his relationship with Sean, they were way more mature then their parents !

Julian had a bad drug problem in the early 90's btw..he had to have divine intervention..he asked Yoko for money but he had already pissed through alot of the money and she refused to give him more..I will try to find the book I had about this..but this should be mentioned...when he said in Tomcat's video he been through alot/this partly what he was refering to..

Paul actually helped him from what Cynthia said..which I think is awesome:grinthumb

poor Julian but ..he is moving on with his life..so should everyone...

Last edited:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I
Paul actually helped him from what Cynthia said..which I think is awesome:grinthumb

I'll have to read it all later...no time now.

But I'd always suspected Paul helped Julian. Paul is the best! I love paul. He's my favorite Beatle--he's a good guy. I relate more to John, but he ****** me off.

Also, I found something really good to post, but I don't have time now.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:D Just read the last few exchanges, I had to remind myself this was about Chapman trying to get parole, but have learned more about the "Family Dynamics" of John, Yoko, Cynthia and Julian than I knew before. Pretty interesting stuff all around.:grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I'll have to read it all later...no time now.

But I'd always suspected Paul helped Julian. Paul is the best! I love paul. He's my favorite Beatle--he's a good guy. I relate more to John, but he ****** me off.

Also, I found something really good to post, but I don't have time now.

It's true, Paul was more of a father to Julian ,the John was..and STILL is a caring dear friend to him.

Paul ****** me off too, I love him but he can be a putz :heheh:

But he's a great dad...he proves you can be a great rockstar AND a great dad..:grinthumb

Great,to see the video you posted before too..:grinthumb

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Here's what the All Music Guide said about Yoko and her music and I think it's pretty much spot on.

"... to the average man on the street, her avant-garde conceptual art seemed bizarre and ridiculous, and her highly experimental rock & roll (which often spotlighted her primal, caterwauling vocals) was simply too abrasive to tolerate."

They may call her a "conceptual artist" doing "performance art". A "fraud artist" is what she was though. A real woman rocker like Genya Ravan or Grace Slick should have cuffed Yoko in the head and given her a good reason to caterwaul like she did.

:drums:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
They may call her a "conceptual artist" doing "performance art". A "fraud artist" is what she was though. A real woman rocker like Genya Ravan or Grace Slick should have cuffed Yoko in the head and given her a good reason to caterwaul like she did.

:drums:

You know Yoko wasn't the only one screaching like that. There is a style of singing like this that goes back LONG before Yoko ever gave it a whirl. :heheh:

Her music has been covered by Lene Lovich, B52's, Sonic Youth, Elvis Costello..she's worked with John Cage before ever meeting John. I mean the list is impressive as well as endless.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online