John Lennon's Murderer Up For Parole August 9th.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Part 5, from about 5:30 on, they talk about Juiette, I mean Mother Theresa...damn it! I mean Yoko! Who's putting these ideas in my head! It's Yoko! They talk about Lucifer from 5:30 on, and all parts afterward--It's worth the watch. I would only recommend you put your children to bed first or send them out to play, or whatever.... They shouldn't see this kind of thing.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Wow !! Tom, those were brilliant video's. Alot of interesting opinions and ideas.:grinthumb.

The only thing that made me feel a bit of susicious was the part where Fred Seaman quoted and gave opinion. I have read his book and I know he has a very bitter relationship with Yoko over the fact he stold several items from The Dakota {including the journals he spoke of } and was taken to court for it as a crime. He was forced to return them . He then wrote his book and I believe he intended to profit from his relation with The Lennons. He claims in that video he wanted to honor Johns wish for Julian to have them but that isn't true. He wanted them to sell.. Fred Seamen was fired by the Lennons just prior to his murder. So I'm just saying take HIS memory and opinion with a grain of salt..I don't trust him..he a shister type

And I go back to my on going opinion of the parole...

Mark David Chapman gunned down a unarmed man,in cold blood. In a public place ,where others could be harmed . It was premeditated murder.

I don't care if he was John Lennon or John Q public..he robbed and man {and his family } of his life.

he took a life/he should surrender his..he needs to stay right where he is /or given the death penalty...his life for the life he took

as far as how I feel about this personally, It hurts me most that so many what if's and maybe's involved with John and those people in his life ,were blown away by Mark David Chapman..that the crime.. :(

Heres' the facts on Fred Seaman :

After Lennon's murder on December 8, 1980, Seaman, by his own admission, took several items from the Dakota apartments, including stereo equipment and John Lennon's personal diaries. After his arrest, Seaman insisted that Lennon had specifically instructed him to give the diaries - handwritten and assumed to be intensely private - to his eldest son Julian in the event of his death. In 1983, Seaman was convicted of stealing the diaries, which had by then been returned to Yoko Ono, and sentenced to five years' probation.

The Book Seaman wrote :

In 2002, SeamanSeaman is author of The Last Days of John Lennon: A Personal Memoir, a book detailing his time as Lennon's private aide (initially published in September 1991 by Birch Lane Press). A British edition retitled John Lennon, Living on Borrowed Time: A Personal Memoir was published in spring 1993, and editions soon followed in German, French, Czech, and Japanese translations. The book is considered controversial by many Lennon fans and observers due to its portrayal of Lennon and Ono's marriage, and for the glimpses he offered into the secluded and often unhappy life Lennon lived inside the Dakota apartments. A review in the June 1991 edition of Library Journal states: "Seaman reveals the day-to-day minutiae of the Lennon lifestyle, and what emerges is a sad portrait of a tormented man. Recommended." In publishing his story, however, Seaman failed to abide by the terms of the non-disclosure agreement he signed when commencing his time in the Lennons' employ. The book is now out-of-print. Since then, Seaman has been a jazz reviewer. also lost a long and contentious court battle against Yoko Ono for copyright control of more than 300 photos he took with a camera the Lennons owned during his employ.

Last edited:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
^^You are quite the Beatles historian Astrid^^:cheers2

I've read books on John, Paul and George, and the Beatles as a band, but that's it...And it's been a while. My favorite era of Beatle history is the early days. I saw in another thread, the Casbah pics (sp). Very cool. Didn't you get chills? I would. It would be like visiting the holy land for me -- my holy land anyway...To hell with all that JC rubbish.

I still believe Yoko was completely full of shit. She set up John from day one, and proceeded to ruin him. I wish with all my heart that she'd die. And besides, poor Paul has to deal with that bitch to this day as they are by default business partners.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
did anyone happen to read the court documents from Chapman's last parole hearing in 2008?

The Entire Court Transcript. Some of the names and personal information to people who are alive are blacked out, but I dont see anything changing from 2008 to 2010 except 2 more years in prison.

Also there are several sites online with petitions of people's names who wish to see Chapman remain in prison for his full life term.

Honestly, I dont see him getting parolled out of prison.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
^^You are quite the Beatles historian Astrid^^:cheers2

I've read books on John, Paul and George, and the Beatles as a band, but that's it...And it's been a while. My favorite era of Beatle history is the early days. I saw in another thread, the Casbah pics (sp). Very cool. Didn't you get chills? I would. It would be like visiting the holy land for me -- my holy land anyway...To hell with all that JC rubbish.

I still believe Yoko was completely full of shit. She set up John from day one, and proceeded to ruin him. I wish with all my heart that she'd die. And besides, poor Paul has to deal with that bitch to this day as they are by default business partners.

:blush:

Well I been a Beatles fan since I was 10 years old , read about everything I COULD get my hands on about the fab..including the crapish ones like Albert {arsehole} Goldman wrote ,claiming that John was responsible for Stu Sutcliffe's death which is TOTAL Bs.:mad

because , I wanted an objective opinion. I also didn't fall into the worship them blindly category alot of fans do.

Yes , The Casbah was totally a highlight in my life. It was exactly the way it was 40+ years ago..it was amazing. I used to have a jaded attitude about Pete Best before I went there..thinking he made a career out of whining about ALMOST being a Beatle..shut up already :heheh:

However, I AM embrassed to admit I WAS very harsh..Pete Best DID get screwed big time. And Paul McCartney is STILL doing it I'm afraid !{this TOO long a story but it involves Macca's greed and his ego!} Rory Best was our tour guide and he was very humble about the huge role his mum Mona had in helping them..

it was fun to go there..we talked about John and Paul..Stu..Cynthia//it was very exciting standing where they ALL once stood..yes it was moving..

It is the holyland to me lol..:cheers2

Well, Magic this just confirms my feelings..I hope your right

He is disturbed in my opinion and clever enough to skirt around/use the right words to convince us he's sorry.
Maybe he is..for his own good ..I'M HAPPY for him

but he STILL killed a human being and ruin and risked others lives too..he stalked him and admits it was for notoriety

Well he got what he wanted..let him make his peace,,but keep him in jail..saying sorry doesn't cut it when take a life imo !

Last edited:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
I like Pete Best. He seems very nice. Since I'm into that early history, I sometime seem like a Ringo basher. Yeah, I guess you are right about how the Beatles treated Pete. I've always felt so badly for him. I love Paul, but he does have an ego. I guess he's entitled though--he is Paul McCartney after all. I still love him, and you know what, and Pete too.

It would be such a rush to talk about the Beatles with people who actually knew them. The early Beatle's story is like a children's fairy tale to me, I lose myself in it.

You should check out "Birth of the Beatles." I had it on VHS, and it got ate by my machine. But I recently found it on youtube. I downloaded it so I have a copy if you want it...That is, if it's not still on YT, but I'm sure it is. I love that movie--one of my favorites. If You haven't seen it, you should watch it.

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Yep ,I love Paul..I mean he has the personality that makes you want to slap him :heheh: and yet the charm that makes everyone love him too !

Yeah ,when we went to The Casbah, Petes' brother s{Rory/Roag} both talked to us..and they never pushed us out/we were there for about 3 hours took pictures{the Beatles Museum didn't let us do that !){one hour tour lol} and I joked with my friends ,if I invited them out for beer ,they'd have accepted :grinthumb

They seemed general happy to share their memories with us...and they were funny too

I reccomend it to any fan..:cheers2

oops I missed the last piece you put up re: BOTB..No I never saw that ? I will check it out thanks !

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
Paul seems to like play naive a lot, like he's not that great, when he knows damned well he's about as big as they come. I can't believe how stupid he was though with that bitch Heather Mills--what was he thinking? She's worse than Yoko.

I think Pete saw some decent cash, with the release of Anthology, and good for him.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I love Paul..I mean he has the personality that makes you want to slap him :heheh: and yet the charm that makes everyone love him too !

Macca's greed and his ego!

McCartney is one of the coolest rock stars ever. I think you mistake him for being VERY proud of his music and what he has accomplished, as a bad thing.

I never wanted to slap McCartney, but always wanted to shake his hand.

Paul's great.

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Paul seems to like play naive a lot, like he's not that great, when he knows damned well he's about as big as they come. I can't believe how stupid he was though with that bitch Heather Mills--what was he thinking? She's worse than Yoko.

I think Pete saw some decent cash, with the release of Anthology, and good for him.

Well. I just went and watched Birth Of The Beatles..it was good/think I saw it as a kid now that I think of it...I've seen alot of movies I forgotten lol...{old age}:heheh:

Erm is was a dramatic take,as there were some misconceptions ..Long Tall Sally was NOT in the Decca session ?
But it was a fun movie ...thanks for reminding me of it :grinthumb

Oh ,Don't get me started on Heather Mills:heheh:..Witch ! And yes. Paul was very naive but I think he was so heartbroken over Linda he was thinking with his 'other' brain ;) and yes.I said it before..she made Yoko look like a saint!

At least I believe that Yoko loved John..I think she had her issues,,but I think even if it was in a messed up way ..that she did..Heather Mills was a goldigger with no life of her own..

Paul children hated her with a passion ! He should have listened to them..but nobody EVER listens when people try to tell you stuff like that !:rolleyes:

Groovy, don't be offended, I was being affectionate when I say that, I know Paul is terrific.

I just think he is full of himself ..I mean he's his own best fan :tongue:
I love him dearly for it..but seriously he has an ego the size of Texas.
And he has a long track record of being a perfectionist..sometimes it gets a bit much...Ask Denny Laine,Pete Best or many of the other members of bands he's had..George Harrison in The Let It Be sessions !

but in the respect I have for him..he is a very cool person. He's a awesome father and I believe did amazing things with his career and his life.What he did for Julian..is beyond words. His love for John ..shows in that act imo:cheers2

Some Refelections I found interesting , take a look :)

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online