John Lennons Murderer Denied Parole 7th Time

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Hang him, finally, or burn him on an incandescent grid. At worst - get this asshole to sit down on the electric chair! He's murderer - why he's alive still?!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I think the fact that Yoko Ono, both of his children Sean and Julian, May Pang (John mistress in 70's) several friends and family member ALL wrote requests for parole denial..speaks to my sense of fairness and justice..They don't want him out.They are afraid of him ..and want him where he is of no danger to them ,others or even himself ...

I have had to really look at and consider the facts, and if I feel that my reasons for keeping him in prison are reasonable or my anger hurt at what MDC did to a hero of mine..

based on John's want of love and peace..would John want this guy free ?
And I think deep inside..that John would fear for his children..his wife etc..and not want him out.

after his infamous bigger than Jesus quote, the MAIN reason John asked to publically say he was sorry and thats NOT what he meant literally, was BECAUSE..death threats ,violence, and anger directed at himself the other Beatles..and their famlies..made him breakdown in terrified tears..

he was afraid..and based on that I stand firm that even John would want him locked up. Safe away from those he loved..

its not about revenge in my reasons
its about accountabilty for his actions
and safety ..

I hope that Johns family can rest easier..at least til the next parole hearing :(

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I never really considered that angle Astrid, but it does make sense.

Chapman premeditated this act of murder, regardless of his mental condition he was in command of his faculties enough to take a weapon, wait outside John's home and murder him.

It's just as well I'm not dispensing justice, because I adhere to Hammurabi's law and in this case Chapman would have been compost a long time ago. Saving the family's and people the anguish of going through legal BS like these parole hearings every few years.

Yep, I would be a hangin' judge just like Roy Bean.;)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Amen to that. Besides, I never went for the 'by reason of insanity' defense. I mean, if they kill someone AND are insane that makes them less worthy of any kind of rehabilitation or even assumption of good behavior in the future.

Worm food as far as I'm concerned.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I think that even if Chapman gets out of jail - Beatles fans will lynch him. And they will be right.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I never really considered that angle Astrid, but it does make sense.

Chapman premeditated this act of murder, regardless of his mental condition he was in command of his faculties enough to take a weapon, wait outside John's home and murder him.

It's just as well I'm not dispensing justice, because I adhere to Hammurabi's law and in this case Chapman would have been compost a long time ago. Saving the family's and people the anguish of going through legal BS like these parole hearings every few years.

Yep, I would be a hangin' judge just like Roy Bean.;)

Yes , I really feel the mental illness is real enough in some sense that anyone who would murder anyone for fame is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

but he was together enough to plan out this attack
not only was it premeditated but he also went out of his way to choose John because he was accessable..John's love of freedom .The relaxed life he enjoyed in Nyc...was sadly his demise:uh:

People who argue that he is only be held because he killed a beloved celeb don't really get or remember the facts of this murder.

He , Mark David Chapman stalked planned and executed John Lennons murder in a cold calculated way..I fully believe that he knew what he was doing..

what scares me about MDC ,is that he sat down calmly after shooting an unarmed man ..in the back..four times..in public ..on a public street..other innocent people could have been injured..

after all the shootings lately..inc the recent one in Manhattan Ny last week..why would anyone this disturbed be let out ..don't we have enough nutters out ?

if he was put in a mental hospital..he would be more likely be 'cured' and be let back out..which should never happen

foreverblue

Reaction score
a guy gets locked up and parole denied 7 times... because his victim made nice music, and followed some political causes

yet
some guy molests a kid [in turn messing that kids life] gets out...offends ...gets locked up...gets out offends.

a lot of people who's loved ones get murdered,raped,etc. write letters and attend parole hearings too...but they watch the perps walk. wow if only the victims were ex-Beatles.

personally i think he should stay in jail. but not because he murdered john lennon. but because he murdered a human being.
and if he has done his non-parole period.. he should have the same rights to parole as any other murderer.

so astrid while your having a little song and dance about chapman being denied parole.remember not all victim's families get the same attention and priveledge as yoko ono

foreverblue

Reaction score
Yes , I really feel the mental illness is real enough in some sense that anyone who would murder anyone for fame is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

but he was together enough to plan out this attack
not only was it premeditated but he also went out of his way to choose John because he was accessable..John's love of freedom .The relaxed life he enjoyed in Nyc...was sadly his demise:uh:

People who argue that he is only be held because he killed a beloved celeb don't really get or remember the facts of this murder.

He , Mark David Chapman stalked planned and executed John Lennons murder in a cold calculated way..I fully believe that he knew what he was doing..

what scares me about MDC ,is that he sat down calmly after shooting an unarmed man ..in the back..four times..in public ..on a public street..other innocent people could have been injured..

after all the shootings lately..inc the recent one in Manhattan Ny last week..why would anyone this disturbed be let out ..don't we have enough nutters out ?

if he was put in a mental hospital..he would be more likely be 'cured' and be let back out..which should never happen

yes he sat down calmly after the shooting...so what? if he has mental problems. i guess he's been denied treatment for the last 32 years..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online