Joe Bonamassa (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Get the DVD it's excellent! Joe has a great band and killer backup singers and he's playing the music of the three Kings. I highly recommend it!

You're mixing up the Beacon show with "Live at the Greek Theatre". The Beacon show is a mix of his own songs and cover songs and with some great guests (Beth Hart, Paul Rodgers and John Hiatt).

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
yeah, the Greek is the Freddie, BB and Albert King stuff (that's on my list as well). Then the Blues Explosion one is Clapton, Beck and Page. Also a decent release from what I've heard from it (but I haven't heard the whole thing yet).

One thing I can say about this guy, he seems like he doesn't ever stop working. Just from his solo work, he has a very impressive catalog. 13 studio albums. 15 or so live albums. Then take a look at his other projects, 4 of 5 with Beth Hart (btwn live and studio), Black Country Communion, Rock Candy Funk Party and that other band he was in before his first solo album. Can NOT call this man lazy.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Sirius Bluesville has been playing this one quite a bit. I marked it as a favorite.

Obviously he's got a B.B. vocal thing going on, but he reminds me of James Dewar on this one a little.

Lynch

Reaction score
Sirius Bluesville has been playing this one quite a bit. I marked it as a favorite.

Obviously he's got a B.B. vocal thing going on, but he reminds me of James Dewar on this one a little.

Yeah I love that track. I agree with the BB thing, although I'd say not just vocally. That intro just oozes BB King.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
On October 18 2019, Joe Bonamassa will release Live at the Sydney Opera House on CD and 2LP via Provogue Records, and digitally via J&R Adventures.

Fans and critics alike have been asking the big question of two-time GRAMMY-nominated blues king Joe Bonamassa - “Will there be a new album in 2019?”

That question is answered with the announcement of Live At The Sydney Opera House, a brand new live album from "arguably the world's biggest blues guitarist" (Guitar World) featuring 10 recordings from his 2016 performance at one of the world’s most legendary venues. This includes previously unreleased versions of tracks from his coveted No. 1 album Blues of Desperation.
The vinyl includes an exclusive bonus track: "Livin' Easy", not available on the CD.

The double vinyl includes a code for a complimentary MP3 download of the album.

Listen to "This Train (Live)"

Tracklisting:
A1. This Train (Live)
A2. Mountain Climbing (Live)
A3. Drive (Live)
B1. Love Ain't A Love Song (Live)
B2. The Valley Runs Low (Live)
C1. How Deep This River Runs (Live)
C2. Mainline Florida (Live)
C3. Livin' Easy (Live) (Vinyl-only Bonus Track)
D1. Blues Of Desperation (Live)
D2. No Place For The Lonely (Live)

aNd8ioZb5KrzCdYhkML8Ea-650-80.jpg

Lynch

Reaction score
OOOH! :woot:

Finally get to hear Mountain Climbing as a live track! :D Oh and Blues of Depression! :bow:

Joe is unbelievable. In what is basically a 19 year career, he already has 13 studio albums and 16 live albums under his belt That doesn't include 3 or 4 albums (studio and live) with Beth Hart, 4 albums with Rock Candy Funk Party and 4 or 5 with BCC.

:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online