Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

That makes me laugh,,,editing "BallS" out of the song...:heheh:

Keep them coming Jeffrey, I'll do Stormwatch tomorrow to keep the chronology going.:tup:

taha

Reaction score

Caught a Tull concert on the tube last night, and everytime they panned the audience they showed an old purple hair women in the crowd, I know he's been around a while, but the place almost looked dead......but it was pretty good, he's still kicking !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Taha if you are insinuatin' that all of us Tull fanatics are lifeless blue haired old hipsters, I Might have to take a trip to Texas to chat with you...:wtf:

Pause for dramatic effect...

:lmao:

And thanks Jeffrey, it took a day to fully recover but I had a good time.:hab:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Taha if you are insinuatin' that all of us Tull fanatics are lifeless blue haired old hipsters, I Might have to take a trip to Texas to chat with you....

:lols:

Attachments

• A blue.jpg
    A blue.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I'll be attending the Procol Harum/Jethro Tull concert tomorrow by the lake here in Toronto.

:****:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Tull isn't venturing past the east coast this time...:wa

Enjoy the show Hep and of course a full report on your return is expected.:grinthumb

taha

Reaction score

^^Taha if you are insinuatin' that all of us Tull fanatics are lifeless blue haired old hipsters, I Might have to take a trip to Texas to chat with you...:wtf:

Pause for dramatic effect...

:lmao:

And thanks Jeffrey, it took a day to fully recover but I had a good time.:hab:

I found the purple hairs as part of the audience odd (it looked like church), he's no older than some of our other favs and they don't have lifeless audience members, of course Tull is a little slooowwwer than I'm used to listening too, you know w/ that flute and all :tongue: :lmao:
btw he was still great

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Next in line was "Stormwatch" released in 1979 and completed the "Trilogy" or the folk/rock era of the band in the late 70's. A watershed album on many levels, John Evan, David Palmer and Barrimore Barlow all left the band after this record. John Glascock the bassist died a few weeks after this album was released during open heart surgery. The critics also didn't have much love for this effort, claiming Anderson's quill had run out of ink as far as writing good songs. To them I say "Rubbish!", I like this album, while it might not be quite as polished as SFTW or HH it has enough gems on it to make it a worthy addition to the collection. Back when I bought this one on vinyl I was not even aware of the personnel changes that had taken place, I was pretty much just buying albums and not digging into any of the print media to keep track of who was doing what and with whom.

In retrospect I feel blessed that I saw my favorite line-up perform live, Ian Anderson, Martin Barre, John Evan, David Palmer, John Glascock, and Barrimore Barlow, a concert that is etched in my heart and soul forever.
Orion.

24b66bq.jpg

289v7nd.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online