Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

Great shots as usual Jeffrey, I really like the "Living in the Past" artwork, puts the cover art on my version in the shade I would say.

Hep did you write Another Tull poll, pitting them against yet more popular bands?...:bonk:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

A message from Mick Abrahams, posted here courtesy of the moderators at Jethro Tull Fan Forum - Home

To all the friends and fans who have been asking about me. I had a serious heart attack followed by a mid brain stroke back in November last year. I am still in recovery and am not able to coordinate both hands to play guitar . Before I make any further moves about my future I have to get better and that will take some time. I also have a balance problem with a thing called menieres disease which between that and the after effects of the stroke has left me just about knackered ! I know that I have to be patient and get well first so Ill keep hoping toward that aim, at least I can still annoy Clive by speaking !! Please forgive him writing things about me but he has only just learned joined up writing, and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. Ya gotta love him don't ya
Love to you all and thanks for your good wishes and thoughts .
Mick Abrahams
June 2010

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

These are the labels from the original mono issued of This Was which was deleted after two weeks when the album was released.

thiswasone.jpg thiswastwo.jpg

And from 1993, a 12" disc with different mixes of Living In The Past

litpdub.jpg

Track 1. Living In The Past Club Mix
Track 2. Living In The Past 7" mix
Track 3. Living In The Past Dub Ravey Master
Track 4. Living In The Past N.Y. Mix

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Definitely never seen any of those before Jeffrey, don't think I would collect mono versions though, I much prefer Stereo sound. I was kind of surprised that England lagged behind the US and ourselves when it came to embracing Stereophonic sound...considering the sheer amount of good bands recording across the pond I would have bet you lot made the change first.:think:

I did visit the Tull site you posted, it looks really good, but I don't have time to go into depth and read all the good stuff right now. I have bookmarked it though and you might see my name pop up one of these days, time permitting.:hab:

Coming up next, "A".:mn:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I'll just squish this track in before the next album cos it's a corker.

Despite the opinions of critics I think Stormwatch is an album packed with good tunes and a copy be it vinyl or disc is always within easy reach in my home.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Post another "Corker" if you like Sox, I won't do the next album till later tonight.:grinthumb

All three of those albums, SFTW, HH and Stormwatch are excellent, there is really nothing quite like them in my library.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online