Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

I concur and might add Brick and Passion to the ones you mentioned.

But...I am a full blown fanatic about Tull Sox, I just love this band, such variety, musicianship, showmanship live, staying alive and relevant all this time...truly a legend in the Rock world.:bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ I get what you mean LG, they can't put a foot wrong in my world either..:cheers2

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

But...I am a full blown fanatic about Tull Sox, I just love this band, such variety, musicianship, showmanship live, staying alive and relevant all this time...truly a legend in the Rock world.:bow:
Think I might agree with you there LG :grinthumb The diversity of the music, the intelligent lyrics, superb tunes, the great showmanship and above all the originality of the recorded output put them above everybody else imo.

"Happy and I'm smilling"

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Well believe it or not but there are those on this forum who persist in preferring bands such as AC/DC, Rush, Van Halen and Guns 'n Roses to Jethro Tull!

:wtf:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

Well believe it or not but there are those on this forum who persist in preferring bands such as AC/DC, Rush, Van Halen and Guns 'n Roses to Jethro Tull!

:wtf:
I don't believe it. The heathen hoards are at the gates. :oyea:
flute-093.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Hep has a tendency to "Exaggerate" on occasion Jeffrey...:lmao:

Writing that poll for instance with those bands was bound to end up this way, which he knew full well when he posted it.:grinthumb

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I don't believe it. The heathen hoards are at the gates. :oyea:
flute-093.gif

No!!! Tull has sagged to third. We're in danger of perishing beneath the onslaught of the unwashed masses!

Recruiting new members may be our only alternative.

:eek:

Vic2010

Reaction score

Yeah I thought the poll was kinda strange but I put my 2 cents worth anyway. I picked AC/DC. Not that I don't love me some Tull, but I listen to Van Halen and Acca/Dacca more frequently. :heheh:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

In my many years of following Jethro Tull, I have met some fascinating and truly loyal fans. I've only corresponded with one (name withheld but he's not on this board) who has been a *****.

Of the true fans I've met there was one who worked for British Rail who would travel to concerts all over the UK on his time off as he had free travel. He would even travel overseas on his holidays and once ended up in South America at a concert, then ran out of money and managed to blag a lift off the tour bus for the rest of his stay in South America.

Another Tull friend made it his goal in life to try and collect every Tull record release from around the world. I've often wondered how many copies of "Living In The Past" he had.

Another used to stash away an amount of money each month to pay his way when he went to concerts. He called it his "tully money".

Finally, a dear friend who has sadly passed away and is in that big concert hall in the sky, used to have an open house policy when Tull visited his locality. He would have upwards of 20 people camping out in sleeping bags in his front and back rooms and, in the summer, in his garden as well. Can't vouch for the sanitary conditions but his water bill for the great unwashed must have been horrific.

They were loyal fans, each in their own way.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online