That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisted.com

JACK BRUCE SLAMS SIMON COWELL
This News Is Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Cream bassist Jack Bruce has laid into former American Idol judge Simon Cowell. The rocker told Uncut magazine that Cowell "should be exterminated." Bruce feels that if Simon were around in the '60s, he would have ruined music, saying things like, "Bob Dylan, sing in tune and stop whining, you big-nosed bastard." Jack goes on to call Simon a "vile individual." Read more at UnCut.co.uk.

Bryter Later

Reaction score
I think it is time Simon Cowell realised that he has had his time and should move on to other things,his ideas are now stale, infact it should now be the 'EX Factor' :oyea:.

:cheers2 Bryter

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've never watched one episode of Idol or any of the other "Talent" shows either.

I don't like embarrassing people in a public format at anytime...so Cowell was never anything but a bombastic egocentric nabob of negativity in my opinion, and I believe he bailed on Idol because he knew it is on the way down.

Jack Bruce has a million times more credibility than Cowell so I compliment him on saying what many of us feel.:clap:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I think that Simon Cowell's behavior was a gimmick to stir up interest in the show and as a result, ratings.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
He sure got that right!!!

I think there's a fair few stars who feel the same as Jack. I know Elton John and Roger Daltery have spoken out against Simon Cowell and his talent shows. And Bjorn Ulvaeus (Abba) has told of his dislike for how the contestants are humiliated and given poor advice, going on to say. "Such shows want to polish off anything that is original. They want to polish off the corners to make them all smooth and mainstream. I think that's wrong. There was nothing mainstream about The Stones or The Beatles, who were our big influence when we started out as ABBA. This way of picking people by audition is very different from how ABBA started out in the music industry. We grew organically."

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^I've never watched one episode of Idol or any of the other "Talent" shows either.

I don't like embarrassing people in a public format at anytime...so Cowell was never anything but a bombastic egocentric nabob of negativity in my opinion, and I believe he bailed on Idol because he knew it is on the way down.

Jack Bruce has a million times more credibility than Cowell so I compliment him on saying what many of us feel.:clap:

:cheers2 :clap: :hab:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online