That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

BRUCE DICKINSON TURNS DOWN U-K’S THE VOICE
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson was apparently approached to be a judge on the U-K version of The Voice but according to England’s The Sun, he turned it down. The rocker explained why he told the BBC no, saying, “That show sounds so crap and demeaning to everyone involved, I took great delight in turning the BBC down.” Read more at TheSun.co.uk.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I really liked the American version! It gave a boost to an artist I really liked and the winner was awesome as well. The banter between judges Cee-lo, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera was really fun. Anyway, it's not a show for a hard rocker so i can understand him rejecting it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm cheering more about Maiden's general work ethic from the early days until now. I wouldn't even be upset if he did do it, but unlike guys like Lars Ulrich who has said soooo much in the past and put his foot into his own mouth time and time again, Bruce never seems to.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
BRUCE DICKINSON TURNS DOWN U-K’S THE VOICE
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson was apparently approached to be a judge on the U-K version of The Voice but according to England’s The Sun, he turned it down. The rocker explained why he told the BBC no, saying, “That show sounds so crap and demeaning to everyone involved, I took great delight in turning the BBC down.” Read more at TheSun.co.uk.

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Makes me proud to be a Maiden fan.:clap:

Bruce summed it up perfectly, how I feel about all those shows.

ANF

Reaction score
In one sense its smart, but those shows reach a large audience. Steven Tyler hasn't had a hit in years yet Idol's made him popular again, same with Maroon 5, their last album was a bit of a flop but The Voice has shot that album back up the charts. Same with Jennifer Lopez, she hasn't had a hit record in years and she was dropped by her last label and she now has the biggest hit she's had in eight years. I think those shows are lame, but its always a good career booster to appear on those.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^If being part of those...shows....does nothing else then I can agree with you about getting a career boost ANF.

But it didn't work on me, I don't watch any of them so it must be the younger kids that are discovering them now. Which is a good thing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online