Bruce Dickinson turns down UK's The Voice

ANF

Reaction score
I am surprised those shows would embrace someone like Dickinson. Yea Tyler is on Idol but outside of "Honkin' On Bobo", pretty much everything Aerosmith's done in the past 20 years has bordered on pop music.

I know last season on AI there was supposedly a metalhead contestant and people said he didn't go further because he wasn't generic safe pop/r&b/country enough for the people who normally rule on that show. I remember Adam Lambert blasting the guy, even though I find that hypocritical because he was supposed to be this "rock guy" on Idol and sang with the members of KISS and Queen on there and when he put out his album, it was autotuned top 40 pop with songs written by Pink and Lady Gaga... yea that's real rock for ya.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^And that's why I pay no attention to Idol or the other shows, I am not into "safe" homogenized prepackaged pablum for the teenyboppers out there. I have found so many fabulous hard rock and metal bands on the net it makes shows like Idol redundant to me.

Good point about Tyler, although if Magic reads your post about them being "pop" more than "rock" the last few years she'll have something to say...:grinthumb

ANF

Reaction score
^^And that's why I pay no attention to Idol or the other shows, I am not into "safe" homogenized prepackaged pablum for the teenyboppers out there. I have found so many fabulous hard rock and metal bands on the net it makes shows like Idol redundant to me.

Good point about Tyler, although if Magic reads your post about them being "pop" more than "rock" the last few years she'll have something to say...:grinthumb

oh, I meant "Get A Grip" onward barring the blues album they did. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It won't make any difference Magic is the Biggest Aerosmith "fangirl" in the forum...:heheh:

But it's all for fun.;)

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
classicrockrevisited

BRUCE DICKINSON TURNS DOWN U-K’S THE VOICE
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson was apparently approached to be a judge on the U-K version of The Voice but according to England’s The Sun, he turned it down. The rocker explained why he told the BBC no, saying, “That show sounds so crap and demeaning to everyone involved, I took great delight in turning the BBC down.” Read more at TheSun.co.uk.

ist2_4796726-thumbs-up-icon.jpg
eddie_3.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online