Ive done this on afew forums, but here goes, Stairway to Heaven vs Bohemian Rhapsody

Best song of the 20th Century?

• Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Led Zep - Stairway to Heaven

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Other - Please comment

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score

Ah yes, Stairway to Heaven, I must admit.. ive never really gotten into Led Zep as much as other people, I have their Mothership album and thats about it, but alot of people love this song, so much that it is widely considered the best song of the 20th century, this is what this face off is about because theres also alot of people who think Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody also deserves that spot.

Speaking of Queen, here they are with the Bohemian Rhapsody.

I personally, love Queen, to me they are the Jack Daniels of all alcohol, simply the best.

Anyway, although im a huge music nutter I honestly don't know alot about things like riffs, production and music notes.. this is why I'd like to discuss these 2 songs with you folk, what do you think is the best song of the 20th century?

Oh and also please do tell me and everyone else if you think there is another song that outshines these 2, i'd love to hear them. :cheers2

:grinthumb vote away

Edit: WOOHOO my youtube links worked :p

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Re: Ive done this on afew forums, but here goes, Stairway to Heaven vs Bohemian Rhaps

I'm going with Bohemian Rhapsody here. I've never been that keen on Stairway :peek

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Ive done this on afew forums, but here goes, Stairway to Heaven vs Bohemian Rhaps

Oooohhh...this is soooo hard. I want to take Queen so bad cause it's a true masterpiece, but Zeppelin edges it out a little bit for me. I go to a magical place everytime the mellotron kicks in. :phones:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Stairway to Heaven for me, and not just because LZ is my favorite. Bohemian Rhapsody is a fantastic song but a little too theatrical and goofy for me most of the time whereas Stairway, like MP said, takes you to a whole different universe and you get completely lost in it. Overplayed or not it IS one of the best songs of all time. :bow:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Jen's going to hate me for this but Bohemian Rhapsody for me! :peek I just love all the places that Bohemian goes into and it's just an epic masterpiece. It's also more of a part of my youth as I would always head bang of course to the appropriate part. Just more operatic and has this unmistakable energy. If it was this vs. "Going To California" it'd be a lot harder! :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

^^^^^^ or Ramble On - my fave Zepp song - don't know what it is about Stairway - just don't like it :uh:

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I like both alot so I'm going to have to think about this.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

Bohemian Rhapsody

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Stairway...the guitar seals it for me. Both Heavily overplayed over the years but I enjoy them now when I put these respective records on, and play all the songs in Order.:D

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bohemian Rhapsody

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online