I've Done Everything For You or Lonely Is The Night

I've Done Everything For You or Lonely Is The Night

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Billy Squire for me,,,I like Sammy but have to be honest I found most of his solo albums lacking. He was at his best in Montrose.:D

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Billy Squier. What happened to him?

His career was going pretty strong, with a couple of platinum records.

If I remember right, he had a big throwdown with the people responsible for the video Rock Me Tonight.

Billy claimed that video derailed his career. He's dancing around in an apartment or penthouse or something, all by himself, wearing a pink off the shoulder tee shirt.

His next couple albums tanked, I think. I remember him releasing a pretty raunchy video way later, with a bunch of naked women in it. I forget the name of the song, though.

I can't prove it, but it seemed obvious to me he was overcompensating for the Rock Me Tonight video's portayal of him as less than masculine.

For all the people who wouldn't of had any career if not for MTV, this is one case where MTV killed a career.

All that being said, even though my favorite Billy Squiercuts are My Kinda Lover and In The Dark, I voted for Lonely Is The Night.

I owned Don't Say No on vinyl, and it's a pretty good album. With the exception of the song that simply wouldn't go away, The Stroke. Another case of an artist's most bland cut being released as a single, in order to reach the broadest audience. Just a really, really bad song.

The one thing about that album, I've never liked the sound of the snare drum. It didn't have any pop, sounded muddy, like the head wasn't tight enough.

oh yea, here's the video. It's actually not a bad song:

Last edited:

Khor1255

Reaction score
Lonely is the Night. Not a big Squire fan but that tune kicks ass.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online