Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

From a Dallas newspaper review:

Fittingly for a tour named "Final Frontier," the band's stage was set up like a spaceship and even Eddie, the band's mascot, had an alien theme.

Since this tour's geared to the space-evoking title of the new album, the stage was set up to look like part of a spaceship.

Star Trek theme indeed.

taha

Reaction score

actually they said once they toured NASA (Houston) last year, while sitting in the Shuttles trainer they looked at each other and said this "Is Truely" the Final Frontier, and so came the name of their supposed last tour, this according to Bruce at the concert in Houston last Friday

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

actually they said once they toured NASA (Houston) last year, while sitting in the Shuttles trainer they looked at each other and said this "Is Truely" the Final Frontier, and so came the name of their supposed last tour, this according to Bruce at the concert in Houston last Friday

Sounds like fate to me, but if they want to hang up their "Irons" for now, that's okay with me, they have a great legacy to their credit.

ishu161

Reaction score

the first maiden songs i ever listened to was 'these colours don't run' from the album 'a matter of life and death', and i immediately went on to find everything i could about this band.....they are one of my favourite heavy-metal bands of all-time, and i simply love Dickinson's vocals.....up the irons!!!!

my favourite maiden songs -

fear of the dark
hallowed be thy name
these colours don't run
phantom of the opera

Vic2010

Reaction score

the first maiden songs i ever listened to was 'these colours don't run' from the album 'a matter of life and death',

I had a similar experience with Maiden. The first album I ever heard or bought by them was "A Matter Of Life And Death." It really knocked me over. All those long, adventurous songs just really fascinated me. From there I explored their discography back and forth. There's still a few Maiden albums I need to get though. Favorite tracks from AMOLAD are "Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg," and "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns." Love the whole album but those two songs stand out.

Favorite Maiden album would have to be either "Piece Of Mind" or "Powerslave."

:hb::D

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Iv'e Been playing the early stuff a lot lately and I think they are topping Knebworth this summer, wonder if they will give out some UK dates for 2011 ?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Another festival I will not ever see...:wa:

When I am caught up with Thin Lizzy I will play some Maiden, they have done some really good albums later in their career, but the early years...I just have a special affection for those albums.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online