Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

thanks man =D
Didnt know it was out but I am going to enjoy it anyways! =D

MusicMistress

Reaction score

Looking back they never got much attention in the U.S. when they were starting out, when the American press saw "Eddie" for the first time they concluded this was a group of British Satanist seeking to corrupt the youth of their country...:lmao:

Oh boy! They did corrupt us, didn't they. Maiden is a household name for any and all metal fans.

Iron Maiden has a very long and distinguished career. They have been rocking and corrupting the world for 35 years. What I think would be extremely cool, would be for them to record a tribute on their 40th anniversay to the day the were formed, Christmas. Not a Christmas album, per se, but have Eddie the Head in a Santa Suit, and make their 40th annivesary a tribute to themselves. *I hope they are still rockin in 2015*

The tour for the "Final Frontier" has a pretty killer set-list:

(this was what was played July 12 in Madison Square Gardens)

1.The Wicker Man
2.Ghost Of The Navigator
3.Wrathchild
4.El Dorado
5.Dance Of Death
6.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7.These Colours Don't Run
8.Blood Brothers (which started out with a tribute to Dio)
9.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

Blood Brothers perfomed with Dio tribute MSG, NY, 7/12/2010
MP edit:Removed dead video

Wrathchild MSG 7/12/2010

(sorry for all the edits, but youtube isn't cooperating today)

Last edited:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Thank you MusicMistress for the updates :cheers2. I just did a routine check for my ticket :D. I still have it :tup:.

28upoa9.jpg

b.o.b.

Reaction score

The full tracklisting for the album THE FINAL FRONTIER:

01. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier (Smith/Harris) (8:40)
02. El Dorado (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (6:49)
03. Mother Of Mercy (Smith/Harris) (5:20)
04. Coming Home (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (5:52)
05. The Alchemist (Gers/Harris/Dickinson) (4:29)
06. Isle Of Avalon (Smith/Harris) (9:06)
07. Starblind (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (7:48)
08. The Talisman (Gers/Harris) (9:03)
09. The Man Who Would Be King (Murray/Harris) (8:28)
10. When The Wild Wind Blows (Harris) (10:59)

total running time 76:35

Vic2010

Reaction score

Lot's of long songs. I like that about Iron Maiden. They're basically a "prog/rock/metal" band. This albums on my "to get" list. As soon as it hits the stores I'm all over it. :metal::metal:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'll be picking that one up asap myself Vic, thanks for the tracklist B.o.b.:tup:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

It is a good set list posted above, but I think it leans too much on newer material instead of the earlier classics.

Then again, when Bruce first rejoined Maiden, he had NO problem whatsoever doing a bunch of songs from the two Blaze Bayley albums in the live set list, which is something most singers wouldn't be willing to do.

Neither of the Blaze Bayley Maiden albums sold worth a damn, none of the songs are really classics and Bruce had every right to ignore that era if he chose to and nobody would have said anything. However, he chose to do several of the songs live, including Futureal, Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies and The Clansman.

To put that in proper perspective, did you ever catch Ozzy doing any of Dio's Black Sabbath material in concert or Rob Halford doing any of the Tim Owens-era music when he got back with Judas Priest?

Nope. Never.

Bruce and Maiden are pretty darn flexible with their set list and always have been, even if I would like to see more "older" stuff in it.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I actually thought that "X-Factor" wasn't that bad. I didn't buy that album but I traded for it. Blaze Bayley is awful though. His range is limited and he's cringe-inducingly off key at times, but the songs are pretty good I think. What I do wish is that Maiden would go back to playing harmony leads like they did in the 80s.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I actually thought that "X-Factor" wasn't that bad. I didn't buy that album but I traded for it. Blaze Bayley is awful though. His range is limited and he's cringe-inducingly off key at times, but the songs are pretty good I think. What I do wish is that Maiden would go back to playing harmony leads like they did in the 80s.

I agree that Maiden's music today is definitely missing something compared to what they were doing in the 80's. They still have long songs with thought provoking lyrics and good musicianship, but I don't think they have ever really been the same since the first time Bruce left, even after he returned. Granted, Brave New World was a pretty good album start to finish.

You're also right about X Factor and Blaze Bayley in general. The two albums he did, including Virtua XI, had good songs on them. But his vocals are way too flat for a lot of the material.

If you ever listened to some of the live stuff from when Bruce first returned and was singing some of Blaze's songs, you'll notice they sound pretty darn good as a whole and his vocals are far superior to what Blaze did.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online