Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

While I agree that both releases with Blaze are a down point in Maidens career ,
I have to disagree that Blaze is not a talented singer. He seems emotionless compared to Bruce at times yet on his other solo ,band material his vocals are quite good and he displays a very decent range.

I also don't think that the lack of intensity is Blazes fault ,the band themselves just seem a bit lost without the mighty Dickenson IMO.

In the end Blaze is just no match for Bruce and the band seem to know that and reflect that in their performance.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree with you DKW, it's more than just Blaze's vocals, the band sounded...tired or lacking.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Let me ask something though....and I don't want to turn this into a Priest thread...but how do you all feel Maiden sounded with Blaze Bailey in relation to Priest with Ripper.

I mean I think Maiden had the better releases out of the two with a replaced front man. Don't get me wrong...Priest kicked butt also but Maiden had the edge here.

I'm still glad to have Bruce and Adrian back though. Nothing during the Blaze Bailey period will top the last 3 studio albums and the 4th to come!! :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I liked Ripper Owens with Iced Earth better than his stint in Priest, but both bands suffered when Rob and Bruce left, thank Gawd they are both back where they belong.

I don't really listen to Blaze's Maiden albums enough to give an in depth answer MP, as I have said before I have to spend my remaining time on things I enjoy, and as you pointed out other albums are just much better.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I was a big fan of Maiden in the 80's but for some reason I kind of lost interest after 'Seventh Son of the Seventh Son'(I do like the album). I knew Dickinson had left in the mid 90's but I wasn't even curious to hear the new singer. As far as I was concerned Maiden had run their course(for me & my tastes) Then 2000 came along & probably thanks to the internet(which was brand new to me) I became aware that Dickinson was back & they released 'Brave New World'. All I needed to hear was "The Wicker Man" & I was hooked once again. I liked 'Dance of Death' a lot upon my first listen & even travelled to Cleveland to see them with Dio & Motorhead. The show was phenomenal. I still haven't heard the mid 90's stuff w/ Blaze Bailey but thanks to this thread I'm curious & will check them out

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I liked those two discs but I hear ya LG!! Anything else with Bruce or Paul for that matter trumps them easily!! :grinthumb

Oh and bucky I agree!! The first time hearing Wicker Man!??? :oy:

rtbuck

Reaction score

^^^It really is a great song & is probably in my top 5 but my favorite is "Number 22!!! Number 22!!!,,,Arcacia Avenue!!"(sorry I had to do the live intro to it but it is 22 Arcacia Avenue)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online