Internet is changing forever....soon.

joe

Reaction score
All governments are about hyprocisy LG. I'll leave at that. I don't want to have the wrath of Magic bestowed upon me.:D

I think under the Obama adminstration and the balance of power of the both houses under the Democrats(at least until the November elections) that the bill will not pass.

One last word: The Tea Party candidates scare the hell out me.:eek:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Indeed me too.

Yeah governments have lost the ability to serve the people, they write their policies for their rich corporate friends, and would sell us all out if it meant their lives were better after moving to the private sector.

I wonder how many tens of millions the media conglomerates have spent buying politicians to advance this bill? Could have fixed a few roads and bridges with those funds at the very least.(Our infrastructure is crumbling all around us, as you said earlier plenty of more pressing matters for all our agencies to be working on.)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^ to not get into some sort of real discussion on the political climate in the US, but as of right now, I do not see even ONE good candidate for President in 2012. Certainly not the schmuck that is in right now and I don't see anyone from the Rep party that looks like a viable choice either.

/sigh

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We are in the same boat Lynch, the pickings are not just slim but pretty much the worst in our history right now.

Back to the internet, there is a common sense balanced approach that would work for everyone but the parties involved are not interested in taking that route. So it's all about wealthy lobbyists crying to their owned politicians and crafting a policy that as Lynch stated supports a business model that is no longer relevant in any way.

I will be curious not only to see where we end up a few months from now, but how exactly enforcement is going to be handled...I have no doubt it will be done poorly and in haste like everything else our own imbeciles do in running this country.:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There was a major shift by Google last week, in co-operation with media companies who have been clamoring for Google to help curb piracy of copywrite protected media any site using the "Adsense" feature will now be scrutinized and any software/movies/music that is being distributed by the site will be removed.(Maybe even hosting just the Links to the uploading sites as well.)

This marks the first real step in Google's policy change and basically admits that they have been responsible for assisting downloading of media from the internet.

We'll see what happens next.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online