Incubus (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Incubus is a great Independant label band with some awesome alternative rock and funk metal. The band formed when most of its members were still in high school back in 1991.

incubus_band.jpg

Official Incubus Website

Albums:

1995 Fungus Amongus
1997 S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
1999 Make Yourself
2001 Morning View
2004 A Crow Left of the Murder...
2006 Light Grenades
2011 If Not Now, When?

Incubus_make_yourself.jpg

They released the "Make Yourself" album in 1999, which is one of my favorite albums by them.

I am sure you have heard this song:

Drive

This song is pretty funky off this album:

Anyone else know this band? Comments?

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
Re: Incubus

I really enjoy these guys. The "Make yourself" album is still in my Rock playlist to this day. SCIENCE and earlier ones are a bit too hard for me, but the "Make yourself" album is their best IMHO. :D

Steph08

Reaction score

I really enjoy these guys. The "Make yourself" album is still in my Rock playlist to this day by the way I'm Steph from
Atlanta USA nice to meet you all here.

tb_mecsek_yellow_flower.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I really enjoy these guys. The "Make yourself" album is still in my Rock playlist to this day. SCIENCE and earlier ones are a bit too hard for me, but the "Make yourself" album is their best IMHO. :D

I agree! That's my favorite as well Alocer and what introduced me to them! I think Stellar:

is their best track! Morning View seemed to lose me although some tracks were decent but since then I've only had an interest in picking up A Crow Left of the Murder! I heard nothing of interest off of Light Grenades! I'm back and forth with these guys and I consider them hit and miss!

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Incubus

these guys are one of my favorite bands around in the 2000's. Brand Boyd is one of the better rock vocalists of all time IMO. I think people stay away from them some mainly because of their mainstream success. It is pretty hard to find bands these days as commercialy successful as incubus and still have very high quality music. Thier best album to date IMO is Morning View

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

There's just something about Incubus' sound that doesn't appeal to me. Even after a good long listen, it feels like there's something missing that I can't explain.

For now they're in my 'Nearly' box :D

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Wow, when I saw this topic I thought of a death metal band I knew when I was a teenager :).

This is the "real" Incubus band :D.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Big Fan of Incubus.. Got itno them around 2004.. I only have them on a few comp CD's but love Drive and a few of their songs..
I guess if I don't own any of their cd's.. maybe I'm not a fan.. But I like em...:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online