Incubus (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Incubus

The above album is the first Incubus album outside a used copy of their Greatest Hits that I've bought since "Morning View". I loved the new song above so decided to chance the album. I like it so far! Really mellow but some really soulful stuff as well. I liked the second song for that reason! Apparently, it's the first single off the album as well!:

Promises, Promises

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I don't have any of their albums but I like a few of their songs, one in particular that I'm trying to think of, can hear it now in my head, but no idea what it's called.

I caught Brandon and Mike on the radio yesterday morning talking about the break they took from the group to go back to college - Brandon to study art and Mike to study music theory and composition.

Going to have a listen to some of their stuff now see if I can find the song I really like by them.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I don't have any of their albums but I like a few of their songs, one in particular that I'm trying to think of, can hear it now in my head, but no idea what it's called.

I caught Brandon and Mike on the radio yesterday morning talking about the break they took from the group to go back to college - Brandon to study art and Mike to study music theory and composition.

Going to have a listen to some of their stuff now see if I can find the song I really like by them.

You should Tray! They are in the middle for me taste wise but when I here a song by them I like it's excellent! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Incubus 6th album release of 2006 "Light Grenades"

2006+-+Light+Grenades.png

Love Hurts (this isn't a Nazareth cover)

Wednesday August 17, kicks off the US Incubus tour in Denver Colorado. You can watch the show streamed live...........
Find the live stream HERE

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So when are you going to check out the new album Magic? :D

Guess what, I was getting to it............BUT I am going to lump the new album together with Brandon Boyd's solo album, since the new Incubus album seems like a continuation of Boyd's style in his solo album. :D

I like the laid back pace Incubus took in "If Not Now, When?", but I hope this isn't a sign the band is getting lazy and letting Brandon completely control everything.

Stand out track on "If Not Now, When?"

In The Company of Wolves

1281818272114_f.jpg

The Wild Trapeze

Mirror of Venus

Runaway Train

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Been listening to a lot of the turn of the century rock I enjoyed when I was barely pubescent as it sounds a helluva lot better with my new headphones! Incubus is no exception. Like most I was first turned onto them via "Stellar" (I was a TRL kid, ok?). From Make Yourself, here is one of my favorite Incubus tunes, "I Miss You". It's a short and sweet little tune (actually, most all of the tracks from Make Yourself are pretty brief) but great nonetheless and I like the lyrics ("a threefold utopian dream") and wow can Brandon Boyd really belt it out when he wants to. I had the biggest crush on him when I was like 12 and extremely hormonal.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I like Incubus! I've always been a casual listener. I still haven't listened to their newest album besides the single "Adolescents" which I'm going to this week. Brandon's solo stuff is really good too.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Hey cool Taboo! I haven't heard any of Brandon's solo work as of yet.

Here's another one from the fabulous Morning View album. Very tranquil, very... Asian!

Aqueous Transmission

From the same album, a better known track (and no, it's not a Pink Floyd cover).

Wish You Were Here

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online