Incubus (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Incubus

Wow, when I saw this topic I thought of a death metal band I knew when I was a teenager :).

This is the "real" Incubus band :D.

OH BOY! 2 Incubus bands, and completely different. I just cant wrap my ears around death metal growling, though . I wonder though, if the funk metal group ripped off the death metal band name :think:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

Big Fan of Incubus.. Got itno them around 2004.. I only have them on a few comp CD's but love Drive and a few of their songs..
I guess if I don't own any of their cd's.. maybe I'm not a fan.. But I like em...:grinthumb

Im the same way I have no Incubus cds but I do enjoy listening to them from time to time

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Incubus debut album from 1995, Fungus Amongus, which has a really cool album cover:

Incubus_-_Fungus_Amongus.jpg

I am not really a big fan of the rap style vocals on this album, but the music is worth the listen.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Honestly, P & C I have only heard "A Certain Shade of Green" off that album, so I probably should check the rest of the album out, too. I like the acoustic version of this song, it has a jazzy feel :tup:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

S.C.I.E.N.C.E is an acquired taste I think. It took me a bit to get used to it. But yes, that song is pretty fantastic as well :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Incubus is one of the best live bands of my generation. Solid band from vocalist Brandon Boyd and drummer Joe Pasillas. The Red Rocks in Colorado were made for bands like Incubus to show their brilliance.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

New album out with single of the same name:

If Not Now, Then When?
Incubus-If-Not-Now-When.jpg

If not Now, Then When?

I like this! I know they've had a huge hit ballad as a single before with "Drive" but this is less radio driven and is just a lush, beautiful ballad that takes it's time and just seems outside the box for the band though you can still identify them as Incubus! I'm interested! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online