Illegal Music Downloading

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Am I missing something Shadow, your post leaves Everything to the imagination...;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Okay I thought you were playing one of your sophisticated tricks on us again...:D

I don't need limewire myself, but it was the first p2p app I ever used to download music 4 years ago now.:pirate:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I still dont trust those P2P share sites. They can claim what they want, but infected files still permeate those systems.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill be honest so dont flame me for this LOL
I do download music for only 2 reasons.
To see if Ill like the music, if I end up hating it why spend money on a band I hate.
If its not buyable on cd ( rare etc)
If I do like the band and album Ill always go and buy the cd.
More a case of sampling the albums first.
Thats by 2 cents.

Clockwork

Baby Rocker
Reaction score
as i see it, most of the money a band makes comes from concerts and not record sales, and basically the cheapest concert now in days is what $40 bucks? so yea that's my view, me buying 1 c.d. will give that band about $1.25 when me going to their concert will give them about $30 out of those $40 (depending on the percentage intake), so in my eyes if i really wanted to support a band and not all the money hungry vampires that leech off of them i just go to their concerts, that simple. so yes i support illegal downloading and i also support bands through concerts. In all honesty i never bought a pink floyd album, but i paid $140 to see roger waters in concert, if i bought all their albums it wouldn't have given him half of that. but that's just my opinion :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There really is not much difference than playing our old FM radio stations in the old days and replacing that with the internet/downloading to sample music. We used to use our cassette decks to do the same thing, and as Riff said if we liked it we would buy the album anyway.

Clockwork is spot on as well, the deal of percentages between the label and the artist and ownership of the songs is so lopsided it's unbelievable, that business model has been in place since the 50's, and is beyond antiquated.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Well, 95% music I possess on my PC are downloaded illegally. I mostly download long-forgotten albums from obscure 60s and 70s bands, so I don't think I'm hurting them in any way, I would say they only benefit from my "spreading-the-word" about the band. If I really like some album, I'd try to find it at record store and buy it on vinyl. I'm crazy about vinyls and mostly I buy used vinyls at second hand shops or so. So if I like it, I buy it on vinyl because I want to own physical original copy that I can put on my gramaphone or shelf and look at amazing cover (if cover is good). But yeah, I agree with Clockwork, that's totally true.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If artists are so antsy about the downloading, why are some of their albums off the shelves or near impossible to buy?
That doesnt help sales much if theres nothing of the album to buy :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyalDonah

Members online

No members online now.