Illegal Music Downloading

Reaction score
We use a site called, "watchmovies.net" to watch online movies. The movies are usually in parts, and sometimes the parts are missing or the sound tracks dont match the action, which is very frustrating. If this is indication of what you can download, I will pass on the download and wait for the actual DVD.
Is watchmovies back up? They were down for a long time like a year or two ago.....
Movie theatres offer the 'cinema experience' of watching it on a massive screen with surround sound and in Avatar's case, 3D. It's these attractions among others that will keep the box office strong in years to come.

However, the DVD market is starting to to go through what the record industry is going through now in terms of downloading IMO.

I hate movie theatres :tongue:
I hate the whole thing, Very, very rarely someone will convince me to go to the movies, but every once in a while I will go... the person convincing me has to be very attractive though:heheh:
Or my dad telling me to go so my mom doesn't get pissed... but that was only once

and I don't think the dvd will go at all.... with special features quality, and the industry is keeping up with technology, blue ray is big now I think.... I haven't cashed in on those, I think it will wind up being the eight track of movies:heheh:
but I know at least 7 people off the top of my head that subscribe to netflix...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You think so, Sal. You know how those displays get set up in stores for a new release, and if they are expecting it to be a huge release, the display is equally as big. I find it counter to what you read in the press that downloading is hurting the industry....how can they claim this when these displays get wiped clean and sold out.

I remember the display for KISS "sonic boom", it was depleted of stock on the 3rd day, and on backorder for weeks.

I just have a hard time believing what the industry says to the press :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is watchmovies back up? They were down for a long time like a year or two ago.....

It has a "rolling" URL. it will redirect you to the new site, but you have to know what the last URL was to get redirected. I haven't watched in a while, so I dont know what it is at the moment........they get shut down all the time.

That reaks of being an illegal site :D

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
as for movies? i buy bootleg copies. i can get a dvd still in the theaters for 3 bucks and top of the line quality. its copies of the dvds that are made for the academy award panel and have gotten produced for illegal distribution.

and yeah sometimes i go to watchmovies.net or something along those lines, worse quality but its still good imo

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen downloads of an entire album, in a matter of a couple minutes.

What do you think about these "Pay" to download sites? Do you think they are actually paying the license fees and such so their members can download?

I haven't made up my mind yet whether these sites are truly legal. They are suppose to be, but I am skeptical.

Pay site give you links to free sites (been there.)
Just download Limewire and pay for the Pro version for best speed
and greater number of connections.

Then use these terms: albw, ALBW, AlbumWrap, albumwrap, total album, whole album. I've snagged over thirty complete albums in an evening.

Reaction score
Pay site give you links to free sites (been there.)
Just download Limewire and pay for the Pro version for best speed
and greater number of connections.

Then use these terms: albw, ALBW, AlbumWrap, albumwrap, total album, whole album. I've snagged over thirty complete albums in an evening.

I used the album wrap, but its annoying because like a cassette you have to fast forward and rewind and on the computer I like to have the single songs to make mixes...

and also, my brother does this, I don't see a point because I don't download much any more.. but you can download Limewire Pro with regular limewire:heheh:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I used the album wrap, but its annoying because like a cassette you have to fast forward and rewind and on the computer I like to have the single songs to make mixes...

and also, my brother does this, I don't see a point because I don't download much any more.. but you can download Limewire Pro with regular limewire:heheh:

I download up to thirty albums/shows per day... although it's been more like a half-dozen lately. Some companies are wising up and are releasing "bootleg" material. The concerts in download are legal. The limewire stuff is often material I have previously owned and just want a dignital copy of.

The more I s nag the more I wind up buying, so they win in the end. What's worse: I download ten albums and then pay for one. Or, I download nothing and purchase nothing? Something ought to beat nothing.

As for Limewire Pro--I pay and reup to get the newest versions and to help pay for their efforts. Besides, I get more and faster connections.

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois
Back in the day ...I would use WinMx,iMesh,Limewire etc to download music by new artists I wanted hear..if they were any good, a cd purchase normally followed.Ended up becoming a moderator of a file share forum (met the wife there~she was also a moderator). When I decided to move to the USA to live with said wife, I burned all the cd's I had onto the trusty laptop...I just could not afford to have them shipped over ...no problem ...well one big one ...did not make a hard copy when I landed in the US and some months later one of the step daughters managed to erase the whole lot .Despite every effort to retrieve them nothing worked ...so it was back to file share ...
These days I buy music downloads from Amazon (and burn them straight to disc) In a perfect world I would always pay for the music ..just sometimes the world hasn't been so perfect

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
There are 3 different downloaders when it comes to music.

1. People that download music to see if they like it and afterwards buy the album
2. People that download music to listen to it and enjoy it
3. People that download music like it's dhiarrea and in some cases try to make money out of it

nr. 1: No problem. They respect the artists and are true fans
nr. 2: Also not really a problem. These people don't steal because they would not have bought any cd's anyway
nr. 3: These are the assholes. These people only download where they would have bought the cd if they couldn't. These people ruin the music industry.

What I'm trying to say is that downloading music is not the problem. The people that download the music and distribute it afterwards are the ones that ruin everything. "Hate the player, don't hate the game"

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
There are 3 different downloaders when it comes to music.

1. People that download music to see if they like it and afterwards buy the album
2. People that download music to listen to it and enjoy it
3. People that download music like it's dhiarrea and in some cases try to make money out of it

nr. 1: No problem. They respect the artists and are true fans
nr. 2: Also not really a problem. These people don't steal because they would not have bought any cd's anyway
nr. 3: These are the assholes. These people only download where they would have bought the cd if they couldn't. These people ruin the music industry.

What I'm trying to say is that downloading music is not the problem. The people that download the music and distribute it afterwards are the ones that ruin everything. "Hate the player, don't hate the game"

I do not see how it ruins anything quite honestly.

The music industry is its own worst enemy and ruins it for themselves.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online