"I was asked to join Crue & Aerosmith"-Sammy Hagar

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Sammy Hagar: I Was Asked To Join Crue and Aerosmith

Sammy Hagar has said he was asked to join both Motley Crue and Aerosmith.

Talking to forbes.com, the one-time Van Halen frontman (who’s now the vocalist with Chickenfoot) said:

“I was asked at one time to be in Motley Crue. I was asked at one time to be in Pantera by their managers. I was asked to be in Velvet Revolver when Scott Weiland quit and went back to the Stone Temple Pilots. I was waiting to be asked to be in Led Zeppelin to say no, since they were the greatest band on earth and nobody could replace Robert Plant. I was asked to be in Aerosmith and I said no. Certain bands and certain front man singers are more difficult to replace than others. Steven Tyler and that band have stayed together for 40 years and you don’t to walk into something like that.”

Find out more at Home Page | Sammy Hagar (The Red Rocker)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Is Sammy always this loquacious? Seems to be one story after another lately from aliens to everything else..

He is right about stepping into Plant's or Tyler's shoes, that is a no-win scenario, as far as the other bands, not a big fan of theirs so I am glad he's doing his own Chickenfoot thing for now.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sammy is a very interesting person and is doing an awful lot of talking lately.....makes me wonder how much of all this is true or just him grand standing.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Get a few too many shots of Sammy's own tequila in him and I'm sure he'll tell you all about how he was asked to drum for the Beatles before Ringo Starr when they needed a replacement for Pete Best. Doesn't matter how old Sammy was during that time period either, he'll still tell you all about it and say it just didn't feel right replacing Pete so he moved on.

Gotta love him, though. People with colorful stories like Sammy, Gene Simmons, Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent help make sure rock and roll interviews are never boring.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online