How Many Hours of Music Do You Listen In a Day?

How Many Hours a Day Do You Listen To Music?

• 0-1 hours

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • 2-4 hours

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • 4-6 hours

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • 6-8 hours

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 8-10 hours

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • 10+ hours

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Oh lord, that is a travesty, Charlie.

My only suggestion to remedy that is to try to take music everywhere you go.

Then again I die a little on the inside if I have to go without for more than a few hours. :D

charliepage88

Reaction score
Oh lord, that is a travesty, Charlie.

My only suggestion to remedy that is to try to take music everywhere you go.

Then again I die a little on the inside if I have to go without for more than a few hours. :D

heh, if you think that's bad, I had practically no interest as a teenager in music. At most I had like 10 songs on my computer and bought no cd's, only those songs and a friend had burnt 2 cd's and that's pretty much it for a while.

But I'm getting there. I have a lot of music now, although haven't listened to most of it, I get stuck on the artists/albums I really like though I suppose that's not a bad thing. But I have a zune HD and now good earphones for at home, so it's gone from like maybe an hour to more consistently a few hours. :tongue:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Awww. A childhood without music is just sad, man. But it's never too late to catch up!

I've been hooked since birth. (Seriously.)

Before you know it, you're going to be an addict.

And you might even start a vinyl collection. (Which, sometimes, starts off small, and before you know it, you've got 200+ records and nothing else will do it. I know from experience. ;D)

Music is a world of wonder.

charliepage88

Reaction score
Awww. A childhood without music is just sad, man. But it's never too late to catch up!

I've been hooked since birth. (Seriously.)

Before you know it, you're going to be an addict.

And you might even start a vinyl collection. (Which, sometimes, starts off small, and before you know it, you've got 200+ records and nothing else will do it. I know from experience. ;D)

Music is a world of wonder.

I know my parents have some old vinyl's but when moving in the past, one of the things we forgot was the turntable. But I'm definitely interested in them, since there seems to have been a surge of popularity and all I'm used to is mp3 players and some think vinyl is the best.

Will have to give it a shot.

joe

Reaction score
I must say I'm envious of the younger generations as there is so much more resources for and on music. Back in the old days there was a few books and word of mouth was about the only sources for knowledge of music, and of course some local rock stations. Very limited, and for me buying music was sometimes an adventure and discovery in a positve and a negative context.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I hate MP3's and MP3 players myself. Even when I go to the gym I take my old Diskman and a couple of CDs in my gym bag. People kind of look at me with side glaces but I don't care .My Diskman sounds WAY better then those compressed dumbed down files called MP3's ever will.

That said the internet is a great source for finding music but after that find I need to upgrade the sound quality to CD or vinyl for me to actually listen to the stuff at home, in my care etc.

Rocker440

Reaction score
It varies from day to day for myself, but usually somewhere between 2-4 hours. :grinthumb

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I know my parents have some old vinyl's but when moving in the past, one of the things we forgot was the turntable. But I'm definitely interested in them, since there seems to have been a surge of popularity and all I'm used to is mp3 players and some think vinyl is the best.

Will have to give it a shot.

Aww.

Well, luckily, turntables are relatively easy to find - and vinyl as well!

CDs are my "desperate measure" format. I can't stand them. I don't like handling them, looking at them, or really listening to them. Especially if it's something I've already heard on vinyl, because the sound quality is incomparable to what I have heard on my phonograph. It just ends up pissing me off when I have to use CDs for anything.

(Though I do have 15+ hours worth of Sparks backed up on CDs.)

I don't know if there's a recent increase in popularity with vinyl, honestly. I've met very few people that even know what records are (god damn this retarded generation of morons).

And then you've got the tards that'll point their little fingers at a vinyl user and call them a "hipster", "elitist snob", etc. Right. It's an addictive format, honestly. Once you've handled one record you just want another, and another. They come in different colours, (entire picture discs are so badass) and the cover art is much bigger - liner notes are often different in LPs as well.

And the history of where the records have been - I love little notes that have been written in the sleeves from previous owners. It's a personal touch, and though it's kind of defacing the product (I'd never do that) it just reminds me that someone before me loved that record, and took care of it, so that I could be so lucky to hear it 20+ years later. However I also love it when I buy sealed vinyl. That first little cut into the plastic is the greatest thing ever. I have had the pleasure of taking the virginity (bwahahah) of a handful of LPs, in my time. Fresh vinyl smells amazing, feels amazing, and looks pristine by all measures.

Vinyl is awesome. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Vinyl is nice, but it has it's quirks and foibles as well.

I have said it numerous times, if you set up a Proper system with high quality components, many of the criticisms of CD's/DVD's are unfair.

If you just take a cheap player and plug the RCA connectors into a blaster or something then you are not experiencing what a CD can do.

I have some CD's that were recorded on tape before I was born, then transferred by the original engineers to CD that are simply Stunning, easily the equal of any vinyl album I have ever listened to except maybe one in my library.

Both formats are good and both are eminently superior to MP3's or AAC lossy codecs, those are good for i-pods etc., but to those of us who know what good sound systems are capable of they fall short of fulfilling the bare minimum for me at least.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I hate MP3's and MP3 players myself. Even when I go to the gym I take my old Diskman and a couple of CDs in my gym bag. People kind of look at me with side glaces but I don't care .My Diskman sounds WAY better then those compressed dumbed down files called MP3's ever will.

MP3's don't sound bad if you have top of the line shit like me. ;) My MP3's are like the NASA of MP3's and I am like a Colombian drug lord of their high quality.

:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online