HMV in administration

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Indeed, but the other part of this still worries me, the visible drop in the inventory the stores carry now. The best of the lot is...HMV. I intend to spend some more money there as I finish collecting Blu Rays and DVDs. Going to take a list next time though, I keep forgetting what I actually went to buy the last two trips.:bonk:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I'm over due a Fopp visit. Wasn't that great at the one in Shaftsbury Avenue in London last year but my god have I spent some serious money in there over the years.

HMV accepting gift cards now I believe, so if you've got one, get a wriggle on and spend it!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I was in London last Year and spent a bit and the time before that I spent a fortune, loads of £3 CD's was heaven..went to HMV in Chesterfield with Sox today and there were a few £3 CD's there but I had them all so no dice. They were in the sale but I have most of the stuff and I cannot see them putting more stuff in the sale. So glad to see they have a life line...

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I was in London last Year and spent a bit and the time before that I spent a fortune, loads of £3 CD's was heaven..went to HMV in Chesterfield with Sox today and there were a few £3 CD's there but I had them all so no dice. They were in the sale but I have most of the stuff and I cannot see them putting more stuff in the sale. So glad to see they have a life line...

That right there is a big problem. Those of us that collect, chances are we'll have almost everything in the shops, especially from shops that aren't going to sell obscure Budgie or ZZ Top or [insert artist here] back catalogue.

Which goes back to the point about getting rid of all the shit HMV doesn't need to sell. Like Apple computers and vintage football shirts. Sack that off and replace with row after row of glorious reasonably priced back catalogue and I think people will buy it.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I agree but they will not do it, when I worked in the Bristol Our Price, I ordered loads of Sweet, Budgie and Angel and was told they are not on the stock list so had to sell them all off in the sales even though they sold out at full price, and that was over 15 years ago so the rot was setting in way back...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The HMV shop here I visited has t-shirts, posters and some other collectables but they are all music related. They don't sell Apple computers, I don't understand that anyway HMV and all retail outlets are being exterminated by i-tunes, which is obviously owned by Apple. Why would you sell anything from the company that wants to take over the music distribution business lock stock and barrel and shut your doors...:wtf:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online