HMV in administration

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
How sad is that Sweat if HMV shuts in town, for the first in our lifetime no music shop in Chesterfield.

I think at one time we had 9 HMV stores here. All the big malls and the flagship branch downtown, now there are 2 that I know of, maybe WEM has one but I never go there.

Time to move Old Ent,,,I'll sponsor you if you want to make the trip over.:cheers2

Of course we might be down to 4 or 5 independent shops here ourselves by that time.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ I may well have to LG just to be able to shop on the high street for music once again. :)

We've seen 'em come and go in our own town, small independent shops and major concerns. At one point we had four in a small area, Sweat worked in one and 50 yards away was Hudsons the oldest one. It will seem wierd to have to tramp off to a major city if I fancy a shuffle round a record store.:uh:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Fair old hike up the A1 though Sweat, just hope the Fopp's stay up and running in Manchester and Nottingham.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^^ I may well have to LG just to be able to shop on the high street for music once again. :)

We've seen 'em come and go in our own town, small independent shops and major concerns. At one point we had four in a small area, Sweat worked in one and 50 yards away was Hudsons the oldest one. It will seem wierd to have to tramp off to a major city if I fancy a shuffle round a record store.:uh:

Maybe Sweaty could fill the gap, give up his present career and open a shop specializing in bringing quality music to the masses...of course location would be key a Pub next door would be essential.:think:

:oyea:

I just got back from HMV, picked up 4 DVD's, old movies that I don't need on Blu Ray. It's going to be interesting, when BB closes one or two of their big stores and a couple Future Shops then that leaves HMV as the primary source for CD's, Videos here so they might do rather well.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Sweat would have liked to have done that years ago LG we used to talk about setting up a stall in the market ... over a few ales of course.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's never too late, there will be a niche if all the local shops are closed.

I would have enjoyed working in a Hi-Fi shop just to see what it's like although even in high end stores there is a good amount of turnover.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
The guys at Richer Sounds seem to enjoy their work LG. Sweat and me would struggle to get past the planning in the pub stage.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It can get tedious at times though Sox from what I've seen. If you are used to doing a lot of work in a day time would drag on interminably in a shop. They live for 2 peak periods every year from what Simon told me and in the summer they give everyone as much time off as they want.

I wouldn't have minded trying it for a couple months when I was younger, but most likely I would've gotten bored and moved on to something else.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I would love to open my own shop but it gets harder by the minute and I need some serious brass. I would need a pub near the shop so I could vent my anger at the prols coming in and wasting my time asking for cattle fodder.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online