Hidden Treasures

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Different songs touch different people in different ways, and I thought it would be a great idea to start a topic about the different Bands people know, and to write about the lesser known songs which either a Big group or an unknown group had and explain why it's appeals to you - otherwise you could just say it just does! :D Only rule as such is it cannot be a song which was a big hit, which is why I called this Hidden Treasures - their there, but are not as obvious to us until they are found! :tongue:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Is there a limit? :heheh:

There are too many so I'll name one at a time when I do.

Cheap Trick ~ Auf Wiedersehen from Heaven Tonight

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'll post the same one I did in the B-side thread! My second favorite song of all time! Very rare! I was lucky enough to learn about it in time and buy it as a B-side to a single! This is the most popular song from this group to the point where the lead singer has refused to play it and even under a different project he's still requested to perform the song!

Something Corporate-Konstantine

Last edited:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Only the limit of how many lesser known songs you wish were big hits but weren't! :tongue:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Like I posted above...I am listening to another Scorpions album tonight, "Animal Magnetism".

It's sort of easier for me to contribute to the thread from the point of view of what I'm playing here and there..cause there are hidden gems throughout my entire collection for sure and on every release.

OK..let's try this...

FALLING IN LOVE

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
For a truly buried treasure, the Genesis Plays Jackson demos are awesome. It's basically demo versions of selected songs from Tresspass and Nursery Cryme, merged into four 3 minute tracks. Sounds great though!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
A truly hidden NUGGET is the highly UNDERRated "The Changeling" by The Doors.....some peeps even ignore its existence and the band didn't play it much live either.....I love it, it appeals to my psychedelic mind:)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am going to mention a recently discovered "hidden" treasure from KISS. It isn't a song but an entire concept album:

elder_lg.jpg

This album was made in 1981, and got completely ignored. Excellent piece of work by KISS. If you are expecting to hear party music, this isn't what this album is about. This album definitely shows off the musical prowess of KISS.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online