Helloween (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Helloween

^^ One of my favorites off of Rabbit!!

I hope Soot is checking a few of these out..I know he was surprised by these guys and may dig alot more of these tunes!! :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Magic would like Rabbit...as well, but she lags behind sometimes just like me when it comes to picking up new CD's. As for Sooty, I think he has started to develop an appreciation for some hard rockin' European pseudo metal bands, at least I would hope so. When Darienn posted his intro I could have written the last part myself, how I have taken refuge in Europe the last few years seein' they have never stopped putting out kick ass music, and kept the fire burning.:rock:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

OK Helloween fans...is it just me...but is this song over the top awesome!! I've never gotten tired of it....well that kind of goes with all Helloween :heheh:

^^ One of my favorites off of Rabbit!!

I hope Soot is checking a few of these out..I know he was surprised by these guys and may dig alot more of these tunes!! :grinthumb

Sooty can always detect a Sooty name drop and it works! :D Laudate Dominum is a cool song! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks MP for jogging my memory, seein' Snoop doesn't have all the albums yet, I'll do another one I played last night, and I haven't played any Helloween for a while now. This is the 3rd part of the "Keeper..." series of records. And after playing "Keeper of the Seven Keys, The Legacy" last night I was blown away all over again. This one is the equal of the first two, and is even better production wise. I would highly recommend this one for Magic's library, it really is just a hard rock concept album more than any kind of metal.

Silent Rain.

33cp0gl.jpg

675z5x.jpg

MusicMistress

Reaction score

Awesome group. They have an new album that is suppose to drop Oct 31. I am pretty psyched for this.

I dont know if I like this side of Helloween, though. Sounds a bit commercial.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I don't mind that song in particular MusicMistress, but two of their albums are definitely...soft. Chameleon and Pink Bubbles Go Ape, they were by far the worst records the band ever released. Thankfully they have returned to form since then.

Blind Guardian has a new CD coming out soon, if not already and I can't wait for the next Helloween album, the last new release was just a compilation, which I don't need seeing I have all of their albums already.

MusicMistress

Reaction score

I agree Chameleon is not at all heavy. I dont own Pink Bubbles Go Ape, but have heard the same issue with that album.

This song reminds me of something Styx would do:

This song is even softer, but they still did a good job dabbling in soft rock and a ballad:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

A lot of bands have tried that over the years, to adapt/change their sound to get more commercial appeal, but usually that just offends the original hard core fans. I am glad they returned to their roots after that period of "softness" and given us some great kick ass albums again.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

"Judas" released as a single June 7, 1986. Vocalist is Kai Hansen for those who are hanson fans.

"Future World" was released in April 1988. Michael Kiske was the feature vocalist.

October 24, 1994 saw the release of "Perfect Gentleman". This song featured Andi Deris as vocalist.

"Find My Freedom" released in 2008, also featuring Andi Deris as vocalist.

In summation: My favorite Helloween vocalists are Hanson and Deris :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

When Kiske left the band there were really hard feelings, Weikath felt was holding out and keeping his best songs for a side project and was not committed 100% to Helloween either. If I remember right he told Kiske via e-mail that he was fired...and Andi Deris took his place and Helloween returned to a Harder sound.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online