Helloween (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Helloween

IMHO, that move was a smart move. I dont confess to being very knowledgable on Helloween, but I do feel the Kiske albums were the band's weakest. I do like Deris, though, he seems to have some fire and brimstone in his vocals.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

On the one hand I can't really blame Kiske, he was doing what he thought they needed to sell more albums to a wider audience. On the other hand it took away from the quintessential Helloween sound that made them one of the legends in the genre. The final straw was when Weikath found out Kiske and one of the guitarists were planning on recording their own album, and they were not pulling their weight in Helloween so he turfed them both. MP might know the other guys name, my memory for names in the Real world is getting worse, let alone band members from Hamburg.:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score

I actually listened to Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part I about a month ago as I hadn't listen to it for, I'd say, at least 10 years. It sounded somewhat out dated, how ever when I first listened to it 23 years ago it sure didn't. No question, it was a very influential album to the power metal genre.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Have you listened to the third album of the Keeper series yet Joe?

If not you should it is very well done.

I'm not sure I classify anything in my library as "out dated" anymore, not since I delved into classical music deeply twenty years ago, and those pieces are 100's of years old.:D

Helps keep things in perspective for me when it comes to music in general.

joe

Reaction score

^^^Good point LG. It's all relative.:grinthumb

I haven't listened to the third in the series though I do have Part II.

Since I've been on the forum I got the sense you're a big classical fan(?).

The classical it gets for me is the 'classical' symphonic prog bands of the 70's.

So much music, so little time.:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Yes Joe I have neglected my own Classical section in here, I just never have enough time to really do as much as I should in there, even if I am the Only fan of the genre.:heheh:

"The Legacy" is very good, if you do get some time give it a listen the production values are top notch and fans old and new enjoyed it a lot.

joe

Reaction score

^^^She's on that ever increasing list.:D

b.o.b.

Reaction score

The new video clip from Helloween !

helloween-7+sinners.jpg

7 Sinners the fifteenth studio album by Helloween will be released 31 October 2010. :metal:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That's good news, I didn't bother picking up their compilation album this year so a new CD is overdue.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online