Genesis (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've always thought really good compilations are a great way to check out a band with an extensive catalog of material. Then if you're really taken with the band/artist you can dig more deeply into them.

I enjoy both eras of Genesis but do admit that I got sick of Phil's voice there when he was really enjoying a lot of success both in Genesis and on his own.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Agree. This is what actually happened with me. I stopped listening to Genesis after the Abacab album. Then a few years back, my kids bought me the Platinum Collection cd for Xmas and I got back into them again. Fortunately I kept all the old records and I was able to pick up where I left off. Strangely enough, occasionally I even enjoy the Phil Collins era stuff nowadays. A great band:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yeah I still play ABACAB and Duke along with the early albums. I don't have any of Phil's solo work, on my Miami Vice ( :blush: ) soundtrack CD it's got In The Air Tonight which is my pick of his hit singles, but the CD sounds limp compared to the old vinyl version.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Has anyone bought or interested in this collection? I have one Genesis comp. and none of their regular albums so I figured this would be a full course meal for hearing the many variations of the group and it's members! Listening now! :grinthumb

Genesis-R-Kive
image025.jpg

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I love that Steve Hackett still performs classic Genesis stuff like "Suppers Ready" and "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight".

Couldn't agree more. His two Genesis Revisited albums are awesome. I guess it's blasphemy to say so, but I actually think he improved on some of the songs!

Has anyone bought or interested in this collection? I have one Genesis comp. and none of their regular albums so I figured this would be a full course meal for hearing the many variations of the group and it's members! Listening now! :grinthumb

Genesis-R-Kive
image025.jpg

Is it just a regular greatest hits compilation, or does it offer anything special? I have all the studio albums, so I don't really need a compilation.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. His two Genesis Revisited albums are awesome. I guess it's blasphemy to say so, but I actually think he improved on some of the songs!

Is it just a regular greatest hits compilation, or does it offer anything special? I have all the studio albums, so I don't really need a compilation.

It's definitely a compilation but includes a good mix of old and new as well as the other projects/solo material (Mike and the Mechanics/Peter gabriel/Phil Collins). :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online