Genesis (Official Thread)

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. His two Genesis Revisited albums are awesome. I guess it's blasphemy to say so, but I actually think he improved on some of the songs!.

Got to agree with that. :grinthumb
I only have the first Genesis Revisited so far and I have had it on heavy rotation for the last few months. Brilliant guitar work. :bow: Have ordered the second one, but we have had a postal strike here for the past few months so I don't know when it's going to arrive. :uh:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Just watched a docu on tv featuring all the members of Genesis, past and present, very good and no back biting just discussing what they did and loads of music clips, enjoyed it.

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. His two Genesis Revisited albums are awesome. I guess it's blasphemy to say so, but I actually think he improved on some of the songs!

I wouldn't go that far but he plays them pretty damn good and gives them new and interesting twists here and there. :)

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
I saw the new doc finally. I wish there was a little more about Steve Hackett and the early pre Phil drummers. They get kind of short changed. Otherwise, it's great stuff!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Genesis is a band I've always Ignored due to the Phil Collins era material. Was never Iimpressed it all. But I've recently relented my stubborn stance and have started checking their early stuff. Digging it . Nursery Cryme is especially to my liking and Foxtrot is growing on me as well.Selling England By The Pound will probably be next on my prog list of pick ups.

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Genesis is a band I've always Ignored due to the Phil Collins era material. Was never Iimpressed it all. But I've recently relented my stubborn stance and have started checking their early stuff. Digging it . Nursery Cryme is especially to my liking and Foxtrot is growing on me as well.Selling England By The Pound will probably be next on my prog list of pick ups.

@Vader wait till you get to " the lamb lies down on broadway " the last Gabriel era album a double concept too!

Vader

Reaction score
@Vader wait till you get to " the lamb lies down on broadway " the last Gabriel era album a double concept too!

So far out the two I have I think I'm digging Foxtrot the most. Was Nursery Cryme a few hours ago lol

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score

I'm glad you've at least given the early stuff a chance. There's tons of great music to be explored! As most long-time Genesis fans, I also prefer the classics, but I'm also a fan of Genesis with Phil and I honestly think you should risk an ear again, now that you approach it with an open mind. Some of the later albums with Phil are patchy, but the early stuff with him is excellent and of the more commercial stuff, I think particularly "We Can't Dance" is a great album!

Vader

Reaction score
The Phil Collins stuff , what I've heard of it anway, just isn't my thing. I've always been a big 70s Progressive Rock fan so I feel like I was It giving It a real chance. Even wanting to like It.

The Collins era is just kinda like Neo -Progressive to me in the sense that ( to me anyway ) all the weird and complex movements I love about the genre seems to be missing in action. Perhaps that's why Genesis isn't located in the prog section.

I haven't heard the early Collins era stuff though so I'll plan on giving it a listen eventually

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online