Gene Simmons Declares That Rock Is Dead

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
comment_bbpJFeEfWbGWnE34gJcJ2yFNi0ORFjbA.gif

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Gene is just being a cranky old man who isn't selling the kind of albums he used to.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
I see what he is getting at but Rock and Roll dead? imo Never. And file sharing killed it? More like mainstream radio killed it, file sharing is what keeps it on kids MP3 players and phones. And those kids will tell their friends about a Rock and Roll song and those friends will tell others and the ball gets rolling.

"no one values music" I do agree with this though, from what I have seen very few teenagers value and cherish music like the previous generations.

mrJim

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Give the asshat the day off and ignore him. which is what he is good for.

Now he is gonna take a shot at white middle class entitled youth who were native born WTF, well that one is pretty safe for ya Gene. You won't have to worry about public sentiment after that.

He needs to be ignored

Jim

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
As far as I can see the thing with Simmons is that he tends to throw out ambiguous comments. In this case I think he's not so much saying there are no decent new rock acts around, just that in his opinion the business side has changed in a way that doesn't favour them so why should up and coming rock acts bother to put in the effort, plus the mega popularity of 'artists' who have little talent (manufactured bands like One Direction spring to my mind) is making it harder for people with a genuine talent to shine through. Having said this, however, it's completely laughable of him to only list two bands who he thinks have carried on the spirit of the 'magical' '58-'83 date he cites, just what planet is he on? :gig

Of course rock isn't dead, saying it is smacks of arrogance, laziness and downright ignorance. Rock fans may have to dig a little deeper these days to find new music that hits the spot, but the talent is still very much there as it always was.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^ See guys and gals (*I'm looking at you OTHER KISS haters!) ... THAT is how to read what was said by Gene and how to respond to it. :bow:

Tray, I do hope that you remind Sox just how lucky he is to have such a cool wife. ;)

(like daily, seriously, just nag that point on him) :heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ See guys and gals (*I'm looking at you OTHER KISS haters!) ... THAT is how to read what was said by Gene and how to respond to it. :bow:

Tray, I do hope that you remind Sox just how lucky he is to have such a cool wife. ;)

(like daily, seriously, just nag that point on him) :heheh:

:oyea: Oh believe me I already do :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online